29:Day 1

Ryder//

It happened in five days. Less than a week was what it took for things to finish.

Day 1: Spencer was gone.

"Come on Spencer answer your phone already" I was so frustrated. He wouldn't answer my calls and won't reply to my texts. I didn't even know if he even saw them or not.

"Bad news travel fast" Jack tried to relieve my stress but he was only making it worse.

"Not helping, Jack"

Jack put his phone away after he did his share of phone calls. I was pacing around in the apartment.

Jane left earlier. Kicked out as a matter of fact. Well not kicked out in the literal sense, but I did tell her to leave in a not so nice way.

'I'm pregnant', she said. Pregnant my ass. I was pretty sure it wasn't my baby. It couldn't be.

It. Wasn't. Possible. And not just because I was too careful. It just couldn't be.

"Why don't you go check who's dick has been up in you?" I said straight to her fake tears.

I didn't know what had gotten in me. Maybe it was rage, or despise, but I couldn't stand her out of a sudden. I was too stunned at how I even used to love her...

I couldn't fathom how I was able to be naked with her in the same bed. I felt disgusted with myself.

I didn't want anything to do with her anymore. I wanted and needed only one person.

"Ughhh where is he I'm worried sick" I paced even faster as I passed my hand through my hair and felt weird when it didn't go all the way through since Spencer cut it.

Spencer.

I wanted Spencer.

"Since when have you been so thirsty for Spencer? I mean I knew there was somethin goin on between you two but I didn't know it was that intense"

"Well it is."

"Jeez it was only a question"

I plopped on my bed and apologised to Jack. "I'm just really nervous"

"Don't worry, he'll show up soon. Just give him some time"

"I hope so"

<><><><><><><>

11 p.m.

No sign of Spencer. His phone was now off. It probably died out.

I tried to distract myself, I really tried.

TV didn't work because sitting on the couch alone felt so wrong knowing that he's not here to share it with me and I didn't know if he would share it with me anymore.

I was hungry but I didn't even dare go to the kitchen. What if he's on the streets? What if he was mugged? Hurt? Bleeding in some alleyway?

I bashed my head to the wall in attempt to turn the mental pain into physical. It didn't work and now I had a headache.

When I finally fell asleep, it was in my jeans and everything, even shoes. And I was half on my bed and half off of it.

We were lying down on the hood of my car, on the edge of a cliff. A blanket underneath us and a blanket of stars in the sky.

For a second I'm counting them above, and for a second I'm counting them in his eyes.

He was tracing star belts making shapes with his finger. A moment in the air and a moment on my face.

It goes on for an hour or  so, but who's counting the time?

A third blanket of comfortable silence.

He breaks it with asking a really weird but intriguing question.

"Suppose we could make a wish once a day, and every night it came true. What would you wish for first?"

I gazed at his lips as he asked. Strawberry ice cream is what they reminded me of.

A forth blanket of mutual affection.

I turned back to the sky. I noticed a few single stars flickering and I wondered why that happens.

"It wouldn't matter which wish came first because they're all the same"

"Is this gonna be something really cliché?"

"I would wish for a star. A star every day. And then when I'm older, I'd have a whole galaxy"

I waited to know what his wishes would be. A new car? A laptop? Good grades?

"My wishes won't change anything in my life" he finally said.

"Why not?"

"Because I would wish every single day for us to be together"

We were looking at each other when his face faded away, and I was left alone on the hood of a car.

A fifth blanket of loneliness.

"You were chasing galaxies, while I was chasing you" seemed to echo from the surrounding mountains.

I woke up. I shot up from my sleep and rubbed my eyes and I could've sworn I heard that echo in my ears still.

"I was only chasing a galaxy to give it to you" I said to the cold walls of the apartment.

I got out of bed and washed my face.

And then the whole apartment felt tight. Tighter than it was. Yet it felt too empty and big.

The wind was frosty, biting every inch of bare skin.

I was looking for him. I needed to find him even if I had to walk every single street and alley.

I switched between rubbing my hands together, to blowing in them, to hiding them in my pockets so my fingers won't freeze and fall off.

Where the fuck are you Spencer?

I checked Crusty's in hopes that he would be there but it was so dumb because Crusty's closed about 2 hours earlier.

Then I checked every other café in the area. Spencer likes sipping a cup of coffee in a café by himself so he should have been in one of them.

I found myself surprised at how much I knew about Spencer that I wasn't aware of. It was like I learned a lot about him without even trying and it made my heart ache.

I gave up eventually. He was nowhere. I even started considering that he might be out of town all together.

And so I returned home defeated, with no signs of Spencer.

I looked in the bathroom mirror and for some odd reason I didn't like how I looked anymore. I took off the earrings and messed up my hair. The brown roots were showing up and I wasn't gonna cover them anymore.

I splashed cold water on my face and went back to bed.

I fell asleep again.

When I woke up the next morning, the first thing I did was check if Spencer's bed was occupied. I'm not going to lie:

I almost cried when it was empty.

A/N: more to come soon. Vote and comment your opinions, thank you. A