↬ten.

He entered the drugstore with a grin on his face, not even bothering to choose a snack or beverage first. He simply wanted to see her.

Hearing the soft crunch of chips, he gingerly tiptoed behind the counter and let out a shout.

She slowly looked up, her eyes narrowing at him. "Was that an attempt to scare me? If so, you failed, alley guy."

"I really thought that would work, " he sighed and sat down beside her on the ground. "Am I allowed to be back here?"

"Probably not, but who am I to prohibit that?"

"Uh, you'd be the boss."

"Oh, true. Well, you're in luck, alley guy, because I actually like yo–" she paused, blushing slightly, while his grin widened. "Anyway... there are no new paintings yet by P.B."

He shrugged, shifting to a comfortable position on the cold floor. "That's alright. I didn't come here just for that."

"What did you come for?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"For you, " he murmured as he flashed her a lopsided smile before his eyes darted down to the bag of chips in her hands. After recovering from her mini heart attack, she followed his gaze and gasped.

"Sorry. Want to share?"

  "Oh, " he shrugged nonchalantly. "If you insist."

  She chuckled and handed him the bag. The soft crunch of the chips echoed throughout the drugstore. They stayed silent for a moment, until she felt his foot lightly touch hers.

Before she could stop herself, she flinched back.

He turned to her, confused. "I'm sorry, are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

"No, no. I–I'm fine. You just...caught me off guard, " she replied quietly, looking down at her hands. He knew something was wrong, but he respected her enough to leave it alone. Whenever she was ready, or whenever she wanted to, she could tell him anything.

"Okay. Well... thank you for the chips, " he stood and looked down, smiling gently. "Bye, drugstore girl."

  Then, off he went.

  And she was left with the one comforting thought, he would always return.

A/N: I'm a horrible person, I know. I am SO sorry for not updating for...3 months? I lost inspiration for a while and school has been in the way lately.

  I'm not sure if I've returned to the point in which I will update every week, but I can promise it won't be every 3 months!

  Thank you so much for sticking with me!