Chapter Seven|| When the past comes to haunt you

{Aurora's POV}

I walked into the house following after Jackson.

"You did good today." Jackson said and I smirked. "I know." I replied and he let out a small chuckle.

"Lets go to my office, I have some things we should discuss." He said and my heart sped up a tad bit. Surely he doesn't know.

Once we entered his office he sat behind his desk and I took the seat in front of it. He tossed me a file and I grabbed it opening it quickly.

"I was looking into your file so I could ask your pervious alphas about your acceptance into my pack —speaking everything goes well between the two of us— and I go to see Aurora Leigh didn't exist until eight years ago when you came into the War Pack. Care to explain?" I stared at the pictures of me years back and sighed looking away.

"When I was a little girl we joined a pack. The Malevolent Pack." I said and his features darkened, "I had no control over the matter. I was scared each and every day. My father was beta and we had to stay. When I turned thirteen the alpha's son took over. We had to leave a year later due to the horridness coming from our pack. My mother threatened to leave my father and take me with her if we didn't, so he agreed and we snuck out. The alpha found out and sent people after us. When I was fifteen my mother was killed by those men. My father was a huge pain in my ass after that. He wasn't her true mate so it didn't affect him as much.

But each day he would say he was teaching me to become a fighter; training me. He would-" I stopped when my voice cracked. I quickly composed myself and continued. "He would tie me to chairs and leave me for days without food or water and said he wouldn't come back until I learned how to break free. I was terrified as a kid. He would beat me until I couldn't remember my name. He'd mop the floors with my blood when he was done with me. I have scars on almost every inch of my body because of him. When I turned sixteen I got my wolf. That night I shifted and she slaughtered him." I looked up meeting Jackson's eyes.

"And I loved every second of it." He held no emotion as he stared back at me. "As to why I changed my name... I was a rouge after I killed him. We had always been after we left the Malevolent Pack but I was finally alone. I finally had the audacity to go to a pack; the war pack. I was almost sent to the sectors at the time but Mason decided to help me. He gave me a different name and let me stay in his pack for protection." I completed and Jackson gave me a confused look.

"Mason was alpha?" I nodded.

"You do know... The Malevolent Pack is now a pack again, right?" He asked and my heart practically stopped at the reminder. "I figured at the prison block when that guy mentioned it." I said and he nodded.

"Christian destroyed the sectors. There is no more PS system. Everyone joined packs and he brought up new alphas well some are new." He said hesitantly and I squinted my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Alpha Evan... is still alpha of the Malevolent Pack." He said and I wracked my memories for the image of him but I had never seen him.

"That guy at the prison block..."

"Is Alpha Evan... just ten years later after he was taken down."

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled.

"But look at me when I say this... he knows his place and he knows we'll take him down again if he steps out of line. He promised to keep to himself and his pack as long as he got his mate back..."

"Alara." I gritted out.

"Bingo."

Could this get any worse?