When In Paris

Kaya let out a huge sigh of relief as she kicked off her shoes. She was a little disturbed by the conversation she had with the therapist but she knew it was the truth. She wouldn't be able to keep her secret for long. Most importantly she wanted to share it with the man she loved but she was afraid.

Kaya's front door suddenly opened loudly startling her as she jumped up.

She groaned as she heard a loud, "waaaaasssss upppppp bae?!" calling to her. Followed by a clinking of jewelry.

Only one person could make such an entrance.

"Hi Corey" she giggled as she looked at his outfit.

Corey strutted across the floor in a tight red dress, and killer shoes. He twirled and Voguéd while sticking his ass, making his presence known.

Corey looked Kaya over, his eyes rested on her worried face, "who we finna scheme on?" he asked playing with the gum in his mouth, twirling it around his finger.

Kaya shook her head bewildered, "no one, why do you ask?"

Corey adjusted his blueberry Indian wig, "I got a six itch girl! It's a gift. I know when shit smells funny around here" he said wrinkling his nose.

Kaya rolled her eyes, "You mean sense? and that smell is, grandma" she corrected pointing to her sleeping Nana.

Corey took a step back, "Well, damn warn a bitch before you let her rip one. No one told me we were dropping nukes today. And no hunny I know when my girl is in her feelings, spill the tea, make it juice and tell me what's sugar?" he asked snapping his fingers with sass.

Kaya smiled giving him a hug, "Okay fine, I'm afraid to tell Keith about you know what..." she whispered.

Corey pursed his lips in annoyance, "bitch speak up, you know the dead can't ease drop. And second of all, I told you to tell him before you married him about that ish. It's not even that deep, but what you doing now is fucked up" he lectured.

Kaya groaned, "just help me find something to do," she said pulling out a newspaper.

Corey looked surprised, "You know what work is?" he teased.

Kaya swatted him playfully, "silly, my homework is to find a hobby or something that makes me feel empowered, strong, and beautiful. You know, something that will help boost my self-esteem" she confessed.

Corey rubbed his chin, thinking hard, "You should work at a mattress store" he said slowly.

Kaya gave him a dirty look, "why?" she asked even though she knew he was about to say something slick.

Corey didn't skip a beat, he licked his lips and shrugged, "because you have years of experience when it comes to laying down in beds and not having sex" he laughed sticking out his tongue.

"That makes no sense" Kaya huffed irritated.

Corey pointed a long finger toward Nana who was peacefully sleeping, "neither does that corpse you keep around" he replied.

Kaya scowled, "You're going to miss her when she's gone" she warned.

Corey took out a napkin and let out a fake sob, "if that's the case, then R.I.P" he countered.

Kaya gave up if there was one thing she knew about Corey was that he was extremely rude. He often said what he meant and never looked back. She loved his charisma and fire, but sometimes it made her jealous.

He often wore the sexiest outfits, the baddest make-up and was hit on by both straight men and gay. He lived unapologetically and rode hard for his friends when he wasn't popping his ass at the clubs.