41. Revelation

AMELIA

The sound of Harry's voice reaches my ears as he quietly sings a lullaby, looking down at our son Adam affectionately. He is sitting on our bed with his back pressed against the headboard, knees bent and strong arms protectively holding him close to his chest. Harry keeps swaying him gently, his lips brushing against his forehead as Adam listens to his soothing voice intently, not making a sound.

"Harry, it's time," I tell him as I lean against the doorway, folding my arms loosely above my stomach.

"Aw, already?" He frowns and clutches our son a bit tighter as if afraid I would take him away from him.

"You do know if he doesn't go to sleep now, we won't be able to catch a wink of sleep tonight." I walk into the room and outstretch my arms, expecting him to hand him to me.

"Nooo," he dramatically says, hugging him close to his chest and kissing the tip of his little nose. Adam raises his tiny hand and tries to grab a lock of Harry's shoulder-length hair like he always does.

It's absolutely adorable to see Harry with Adam, the way he is with him just shows how happy he makes him and how much he loves him. He enjoys being a parent despite all the hardships of it and spends every moment of his free time with him. It saddens me to think that it's partially because he won't be able to see him for quite a while considering we cannot sail with a small child, it's far too dangerous. I will be forced to find a safe place to live with Adam while Harry works on preparing for the war. We haven't discussed it yet, but there is no other way. One of us has to take care of our baby.

I raise my hands in surrender and smile faintly. "Fine, you are on Adam patrol tonight. Whenever he cries, you take care of him."

"You know I cannot feed him, though," Harry counters with a cheeky smile on his face, dropping his gaze on my breasts. They are heavier and bigger because of the pregnancy and he finds it fascinating.

"Yes, you men only need to do one thing and I am able to produce milk nine months later." I roll my eyes playfully and grin, motioning for him to give me our son.

Harry shakes his head and carefully stands up, slowly walking towards the little wooden crib King Henry made for Adam. He kisses his forehead once again before cautiously lowering him down, making sure to cover him and tuck him in so he isn't cold. A soft smile makes its way to my face upon seeing him like that, a quiet "aww" falling from my lips, causing him to give me a look since I do it all the time when he's with Adam.

I grin and lift my hands in surrender, backing away slowly to let him do his magic and put him to sleep. We live in a small cottage in the same fishing town where I gave birth, deciding it was best to stay until I recover and Adam slightly grows. Even though it's been only two months, we need to move and we need to get back to our original plan. I miss my family back at home terribly and I know the sooner we are done with forming an army, the sooner I get to see Lilly, Zayn, Silas and Adrian again. I really hope they are alright.

What worries me the most is that I won't be able to be by Harry's side at all times anymore. Adam was definitely not a part of our plan and everything got messed up when he was born, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I adore my son and the only thing I want is to protect him and give him family, something every child deserves. I want him to actually know his grandfather and father.

"What is it?" Harry asks once he closes the door, his green eyes intently estimating my reaction. "I can tell something has been bothering you for a while now."

"Just thinking about how little time we have left to be a family," I tell him, shrugging and smiling sadly. I know the battle to overthrow Edgar has to be done, but it still pains me because of all the possible outcomes. One of them being Harry's death, something that has been haunting me from the day Edgar took over the Solis throne.