Chapter Four: Vampire World

“Vampire!” I screamed and opened my eyes.

            I was breathing heavily and I clutched my chest, trying to relax my racing heart. Oh my God. I have the worst dream ever. My head was aching like it was been hit by a thousand basketballs in one time.

            I closed my eyes. Inhale… Exhale… Inhale… Exhale… I opened my eyes again and I frowned. I wasn’t in my room. This is not my room. I’m sure I don’t have an Avril Lavigne poster and I’m also sure that I’m not a big fan of her.

            I glanced down at my outfit. I was wearing my boxers and my shirt from yesterday. But where the hell are my jeans? I pushed the blankets away from my body and got off the bed. My jeans were on the floor and I slipped it to my legs.

            I frowned at my surroundings. I’m pretty sure I’m not in Jasper or in Amanda’s. Where the hell am I? I tried to recall what happened last night but the only thing I remembered is that I followed Garret to the parking lot to give him back his wallet. And…

            My eyes widened when I realized what happened last night. Garret and Roxanne… Cannibals… Monsters… Blood… The brunette girl and the dark-haired guy dead on the ground… Garret drinking my blood… But why am I still alive? If Garret drank my blood, why am I still alive? Is it possible that someone saw me on the verge of dying on the parking lot and carried me to their home?

            I searched frantically for a mirror inside the room. When I found one lying on a desk, I grabbed and raised it so I could see my reflection. I look okay, paler than usual, but so far, okay. There is a weird bite mark on my neck… I frowned at it. No ordinary human being could do that, right? Then again, Garret is not an ordinary human being.

            I sighed and put down the mirror on the desk. Just beside where I laid the mirror down was a photograph of two vaguely familiar people. I picked it up and frowned at it. I know these people… I just can’t put a name to it…

            The guy was a dirty-blonde with blue sapphire eyes while the girl was brown-haired with brown eyes. They were smiling at the camera and they were holding hands.

            Realization dawned. I dropped the photograph on the floor, my eyes widening. That guy was Flynn Stone, Garret’s brother and the girl is his girlfriend. It’s them. That means Garret and Roxanne took me to their house last night. Oh my God.

            I frantically searched for a window so I could sneak out. There’s no way I’m going to sit here and wait for my kidnappers to murder me—or worse, devour me. I groaned when I learned there wasn’t a window in the room. Damn it!

            Wait. My phone. Hopefully, they didn’t take it away from me. I searched my pockets and after three seconds, I gave out a breath of relief when I took out my phone from my pocket. There were ten unread messages from my Mom, fifteen from Melissa, eight from Amanda and twenty-five from Jasper. And thirty missed calls from the same people. I quickly scrolled down to my contacts to someone who could help me. Fortunately, Amanda is the first name on my contacts and I quickly pressed the Call button. I put the phone on my right ear and waited for her to pick her phone up.

            Suddenly, I wasn’t holding my phone. I gave a yelp of surprise and turned around. The brunette from the photograph looked at me pitifully as she held my phone on her hands. My jaw dropped. How did she got in? Why haven’t I heard her come in?

            “I’m sorry, Melanie, but you can’t have this,” she said, looking at me apologetically as she slipped my phone in her pockets.