Prologue

It was quiet day just like any other day. You were doing laundry and hanging the clothes outside. Your father had been in the fields when you see him running up to you. You could tell by the frantic look on his face something was wrong.

"F/n get in the house now!" He shouts. You obey and go inside. Once inside you ask,

"What happened?"

"The Emperor." You lived in Roan. Roan was a very powerful empire as one of the largest. The country was thought to be a safe and sound place. A safe and sound place to those who have power and money. People like you who lived in villages, were victims to frequent raids and taxes.

The Emperor decreed that if a village couldn't pay for its safety, it shouldn't exist. Your village was fortunate enough to not have to deal with the common raids, but paying the taxes was always a difficult task.

"He is going to kill us." You say when you realize what is happening.

"Not us F/n. Only the men and those who run. You know what happens to the women and children." In Roan, slave trading was legal. This was to show the strength of the empire. Slaves were usually the women and children of villages that couldn't pay the taxes.

"Maybe we have time. We can still-"

"F/n. We are already too late." Your father grasps your hands. He gives you a sad smile. "Promise me F/n. When they come, you won't fight. You will go with them peacefully. They won't hurt the ones who obey."

"What about you?" At this point tears were streaming. He gently wipes your tears.

"When they come. I will be ready. I knew this would happen eventually given the state of the village." You were going to say something when you heard screams. They were here. Your father gives you a hug. "Promise me F/n."

"I promise." You hug him back tightly. Your father ushers you to the back exit.

"Goodbye F/n"

"Goodbye dad."

"Love you."

"Love you too." He closes the door. You knew why he made you go outside. Your will to obey would be all for naught if you saw them kill your dad. You patiently waited for them to come. You then hear a scream. Your dad's. You mustered up all the strength not to run in. You waited. The back door slammed open. You were roughly grabbed by the arms. While being dragged through the house, you didn't dare to look at your dad who was now deceased.

You were thrown into a prison cart. Around you were the crying wives and children of the village. You weren't sobbing. You just had a blank look on your face. You looked outside. You saw two guards talking.

"It should take about a day to reach the capital." One of the guards say. The capital. The Emperor was there. The man who allowed such cruel actions. The man responsible for the deaths of innocent people who struggled to make ends meet. The cart started moving. You waited patiently with the same blank look on your face. You couldn't escape your fate. You knew that. 

When you arrived at the capital, everyone was ushered out of the prison cart. You were all chained and lined up with others. It was time for the auctioning. You could see girls crying as they were taken away. After waiting about twenty minutes and man comes over to you and unlocks your chains. He does the same with several other woman. Now all the girls who sold off until now were still chained. You soon realized why though your chains were unlocked. Guards of the Emperor were waiting for you and the girls who were bought. You were going to serve the Emperor.

mini A/n do not expect quick updates. I got like 4 other stories to maintain and school likes to bully me. Also when swearing please replace some of the letters with symbols.