[54]

Jackson:

It was good to know that Mark had come to my competition. If he was there, my little girl would be, too. It motivated me to know that I was also fighting for my child although she couldn't see me now.

But it was also great that Mark was here and that I could see how he was supporting me happily. It seemed like he had really managed it to forgive me and that he was also seeing a friend in me.

I still had doubts that I would be a good father because of my young age but I had started to feel some kind of love for my unborn daughter which gave me confidence that I would be able to become a good dad.

I had also started to talk to Mark whenever I felt unsure about anything. He knew what I felt because he was going through the same situation and actually it was even harder for him.

He was the one who was carrying the child which meant that he had to go through the physical changes and especially through the pain. I couldn't imagine how it would hurt when he would go into labour.

I looked over to Mark who was talking to Jin and Youngjae. They all seemed pretty excited and I really wondered what they were talking about. Maybe he was telling them something about the baby.

The coach came over and placed a towel on my shoulders. "You've been great today." He told me and smiled. I used the towel to dry my hair a bit before I turned around to answer the man behind me.

"Thank you, coach. I've given my best." I told him and looked over to the pregnant boy in the audience who was carrying the reason why I was so motivated. The tall man raised and eyebrow and grinned a bit.

"Obviously you did it to impress a certain person here." He said and I quickly looked back to him. "Which certain person are you talking about coach?" I asked him what made him laugh a bit.

He shook his head to calm himself down. "I mean this boy who is always with you. Mark, right? Isn't he your boyfriend?" He asked me and I stared at him with wide eyes. Mark wasn't the person I wanted to impress.

"No, he isn't my boyfriend. We're good friends." I told him to make sure he wouldn't keep on thinking something wrong. "It partly looks like there is a bit more." The coach said. I shook my head.

"It's really not like that. We actually didn't even like each other bit our baby forced us to make up. And later on we became friends and that is how it will stay." I grabbed my bottle and took a big sip of my water.

"Well then. At least you're acting like a real man." The coach patted my shoulder before someone called him to come over. I guessed that he was getting the final results now. Hopefully I had done well.

I had been fast but a guy from another school, too. Namjoon said that it had been a head to head race and that's why the referee wanted to check who had been faster in the end. Of course, I hoped it was me.

But I wouldn't be that disappointed if I lost today. My time was great and it had been very scarce. My team was absolutely sure that I had won but I knew that they mainly said that because they were my friends.

The coach finished the talk with the referee who was walking up to the small podium in front of the people who were waiting for him to announce the winner of the first round.

This competition included five rounds. Winning now didn't mean anything for the final result after the last round but of course it would be helpful. The first round had been at our school today.

The referee took microphone which caught everyone's attention. "Ladies and gentlemen, first of all thank you for coming here and supporting the athletes today." He began his short speech.

I nervously bit my bottom lip. "Everyone has done great and I'm happy to announce the young man who has done best today." He kept on and I got up from my chair. Why did he have to wait so long?

"Congratulations to Mr. Jackson Wang." He said and before I could even do something I felt three pairs of arms hugging me at the same time. I smiled happily and gave my best to hug everyone back.

I was so happy and proud that I had won today. It meant a lot to me to win when my little girl was there. I had given my best for her and of course for the coach and the other guys who had supported me a lot.

We had a great swim team but the other teams were amazing, too. Our school's team hadn't won this competition for two years now. It took place two times in a year and the last four times had been hard for us.

Our team had been eliminated after the first round what was most likely caused by the former captain Kris Wu leaving the team two years ago. He was a senior now and had been the last one to win for our school.

I had participated for the second time now and I couldn't believe that I had managed it to make the best time and give our school a small chance to win the whole competition again. I was very happy.

I freed myself from the other guys' hugs and made my way through the crowd of people around me to get to Mark. He had stayed on his seat what was definitely the safest for him and the baby.

He got up when I walked over to him and hugged me tightly, not even caring that I wasn't completely dry. I smiled and hugged him back. "You've been amazing." He said cheerfully and let go of me.

"Thank you. I'm glad that you could come. It means a lot to me." I answered honestly and he smiled brightly. "I didn't want to miss it." The older boy gave me another short hug before he let Jin and Youngjae congratulate me.

I let them both give me a short hug and looked up to all the other people in the audience. Some of them were clapping and others shouted compliments at me which made me grin a bit.

Today had been a great day for me. Everything had been really good and I couldn't complain. I had made my team and the school proud, broken my own record which was all caused by a certain girl who had supported me today.

Hope you liked this chapter!

Thank you for reading 💗