Chapter Seventeen - A new look

~Love them bad girls, doing bad things, looking hot with an attitude~ Guess the song?

I was snapped out of my deep daydream when Mal and Evie barged in, arms full of mismatched items of clothing to find me an outfit.

"Where did you find all of these clothes?" I questioned, turning around and backing from where I was perched on the window seat.

"We know people" Evie grinned as she dropped her pile of clothes onto her bed so that we could sort through them, I hesitantly took a step towards the mountain that was now formed atop of her sheets as Mal dumped hers down as well.

"Well, okay- seem's like your look is..." Evie began as she looked over at me, studying me "Urban, dark..." She murmured, pulling out a few different items and throwing it over towards Mal's bed, presumably for me to try on.

Compared to the pile of clothes that they had brought into the room, the pile for me to actually try on was a lot different in size. It only containing a few black dresses, some black skirts along with different dark themed blouses and corsets
"Is it really necessary to try all this on?" I questioned as I held up a dark purple dress, it was short in length and it had a black lace covering over the top. I instantly threw it behind me and onto the discard pile on the floor before picking up the next piece of clothing to examine.

"Please, Melanie just try okay?" Evie pleaded, dropping the shirt that she was currently holding, forcefully into her lap as she let out an audible sigh

"Can I not just wear this?" I groaned, gesturing to the outfit I was currently wearing; slightly baggy jeans that had been scraped and battered to the point that half of each trouser leg was ripped open, paired with green and purple tank top with a purple leather crop top over the top- just to show off my heritage on the isle.

"Elle, I know you lived on the isle and everything- but how on earth did you get hurt so bad at the coronation?" Mal asked me, as a serious tone appeared in her voice
"You ain't my mom Mal, you don't need to know everything about my life!" I snapped back, does she really think that after everything that has happened, I can simply add her back into my life so easily, tell her everything about me again and let her act as if she has always been this caring, motherly figure to me?!

"Melanie! You're a fifteen-year-old girl! For heaven's sake, you shouldn't be wound up on the floor almost close to death!" Mal countered as she raised her voice into a shout, I know that doesn't happen here at Auradon, but I'm not part of her perfect lifestyle and there are actual dangers back home, not just the danger of her hair and her dress clashing together.

I glanced down towards the ground, avoiding eye contact with my elder sister so that I could go without answering her question. The next item of clothing that I picked up wasn't as bad as some of the others, it was a black lace dress, longer at the front and a sweetheart neckline
"I'll wear this" I muttered, turning towards the full-length mirror that was leaned up against one of the walls. I wasn't really a tall nor short person and I didn't really have a specific body type, I'm just average.

After checking the dress in the mirror I glance back at my elder sister who wouldn't even look at me, her sky blue eyes had become a clouded gray and they looked towards the ground as if she would rather be anywhere except with me- just like always.
"This is useless, I'd rather live on the streets" My voice echoed out, contrasting against the awkward silence of the bedroom and the delightful mood which every other student was currently feeling due to the coronation of the young king.

Before anyone could say anything different before my sister could fabricate anymore lies to try and keep me on her good side, I made my way over to the light mahogany door opposite the end of my bed which I was told is our bathroom, wrapped my hand around the silver handle fitting and pulled it open.

The bathroom wasn't anything too grand- don't get me mistaken, it was magnificent compared to what I have back home. Pure white tiles climbed high upon the creme painted walls and a wide, square bathtub was placed at the left of the room beside a crystal clear shower.

Across one wall was a glimmering mirror which reflected everything else from in the room, including my own shattered appearance. Heavy bags underneath my eyes from lack of sleep, dark smudges of dirt trekked across my features along with small scrapes and scratches down my bare forearms.

Turning away from my image, I began to swiftly undress and shower- washing away any reminders of today's events. The showers here in Auradon are piping hot, with steam escaping from the shallow, glass cubicle and rising against the ceiling of the room, much unlike the ones back on the isle- you'd be lucky if it was even warm.

Knowing that the two girls currently standing in the bedroom will soon become impatient, I swiftly ended my peaceful and calming shower.
Slipping into the new black lace dress and drying my hair with the ease of newly found magic, I pulled on my leather jacket to try and conceal the disfigured, grotesque scabs that covered the length of my forearm and shoulder.

Deciding that it was time to face whatever was awaiting back in Mal's bedroom, I lightly gripped the brass doorknob and turned it to the left.
"Hey! Melanie-" Me sister began to speak before a sharp look from Evie shut her up

I furrowed my eyebrows slightly in confusion before dumping my old clothes onto the spare bed in the room
"I'm sorry about earlier, I know it can be hard Mel, everything is different here" Mal apologized over to me, a small smile creeping across her featured.
"Sure you are" I muttered 

Why does everything have to be so hard? Just as I was getting somewhere in my life, I was in a respected crew, a loving boyfriend and a best friend that people would kill to have but no, my unconventional family has to crawl its way back and ruin it all over again.

--------------------------

  A/N~ Omg guys! Thank you all for all the support on this book! Ilysm <3