capítulo número cuarenta ; los ocho meses

Au Pair

All Rights Reserved

© 2017 Luna Black

~*~

Month Three

A week after I told Luca about my pregnancy, the doctor confirmed that I was two months pregnant. I still wasn't showing and if it hadn't been for the urine and blood tests, I would've been a little sceptical.

The third month, I was graced with everything that was associated with pregnancies. Morning sickness was the worst. The toilet was practically my new home. I couldn't eat anything without wanting to regurgitate it back a couple of minutes later.

Through it all, though, Luca was as sweet as I expected him to be. As soon as I would sit up on the bed, ready to dash for the toilet, he would walk in and hold my hair. He'd rub his hand up and down my back, murmuring comforting words whilst I cried over the bitter taste of my tongue.

My emotions were all over the place. I was extremely sensitive. He couldn't even look at me without making my eyes water. Sometimes it was happy tears because I now had him in my life, but most of the time it was over stupid things.

Month Four

The most dramatic reaction I ever had was entering my fourth month. Luca had to wake up early for work and thankfully, the morning sickness was slowly subsiding. However, the emotional hormones were through the roof.

I watched as he got ready for work. He pulled a blue buttoned up shirt on and rolled his sleeves up to his elbows. Normally, it would turn me on, but I began thinking of how handsome he was and how lucky I was for having him by my side.

I started sniffling, unable to hold back my tears as he brushed his hair back. The moment he realised I was crying, he quickly turned back to look at me and rushed to my side.

"Cariño?" He frowned, tucking my hair behind my ears, "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He wiped my tears away with his thumb and caressed my sticky cheeks.

"You're so hot," I sobbed, closing my eyes as my shoulders shook uncontrollably.

Luca chuckled softly, pulling me into his lap and tucked my head under his chin. "Ay, cariño. It's okay."

"No," I shook my head, sniffling, "these hormones are killing me. I shouldn't be crying because you're hot." I let out a quiet hiccup and held tightly unto him before I realised that his shirt was now stained with my tears. "And I ruined...your shirt."

He laughed quietly and pulled away to look at me. "It's just tears, cariño. Don't worry about it."

I breathed in deeply, trying to calm myself and whispered, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," he kissed my forehead gently, "are you going to be okay or do you want me to stay in today?"

At his sweetness, my eyes began to tear up again and I immediately shook my head before I turned into a dramatic pendeja again. "No, it's fine. I'll be fine, I have Toby with me." I pointed at the little feline fur-ball sleeping in the corner of the room and wiped the wetness under my eyes. "You can go to work."

"Alright," He sighed and stood up. He kissed my forehead again and smiled sweetly. "If you need absolutely anything, give me a call and I'll do whatever I have to do, okay?" I nodded and held back the next wave of hormones that threatened to take over when he tucked me in. "I love you." His lips brushed against mine gently and he placed his hand over my small bump. "And you too, sweetheart. Be good to your mom today."