Jojen Reed X Reader - Silent Night

You woke up alone in your bed once again. Clearly your husband had gotten up and left at some point in the night, something you had become quite accustomed to. He would disappear with no word for a few days at a time, visiting Bran in Winterfell or the men at the wall, and he would return as if he had never been gone with no word of why he had left unannounced. You thought that you would get used to his absence, but the more he was gone the more it hurt. You craved waking up beside him, like you had when you were first married, and you hated not knowing where he was when you went to bed of an evening.

You stretched, allowing your arms to slump across his side of the bed, digging your fingers into the sheets before turning onto your stomach and burying your face into the pillow to muffle the scream that ran through your body. You could feel the tears prickling at your eyes as you slammed your fists repeatedly into the mattress, beginning to quieten as you cried. As you calmed yourself, you got out of bed as quickly as possible, pulling on your dressing gown and sticking your head outside to call for your maid to dress you properly.

Once you were dressed and your hair was sorted you stormed from your bed chambers, headed down the halls towards where you would usually breakfast. You slammed open the doors to the main hall, marching through the otherwise empty hall to sit yourself down in your normal seat, beside where your husband was supposed to be. You sat in silence for a few moments before realising no one else would be joining you to eat, and once more tears came to your eyes, causing you to sniffle as you tried to force them away. You wiped at your cheeks, getting rid of any escaped tears as the head guard came into the hall, giving you a small bow as he walked towards the head table.

Before he could speak you interrupted. "Where is my Husband this morning?" you asked, your eyes baring into him as he stopped suddenly on the spot.

"He had to travel to Winterfell in the night, M'Lady," the man told you. "I was told to come to you to ask if you would need any accompaniment today, M'Lady," he added.

You let out a deep sigh. "Why was I not informed of Lord Jojen's travel plans immediately?" you asked, ignoring his question as your face turned sour, glaring off away from the man.

"We were not told to inform you M'Lady; Lord Jojen usually tells us not to wake you," he informed you and you let out a scoff, turning your eyes back to him and giving him a nod.

"Very well," you started, allowing a small smile to come to your lips. "From now on, when my husband plans to leave in the middle of the night, you will wake me and inform me of said plans," you told him and he gave you a short nod.

"Of course, M'Lady," he answered before giving a deep bow. "If that will be all," he added and you gave him a quick nod before waving him away, watching as he marched from the room, leaving you alone again.

It was three night's later when Jojen finally returned, appearing in your bed chambers in the middle of the night and expecting you to be asleep. "Y/N? What are you doing awake?" he whispered, stopping his movements when he saw you glaring at him, your arms folded across your chest as you watched him.

"I could ask you the same thing," you growled at him, shoving away the sheets to get to your feet and stalk over to your husband. "Who in seven hells do you think you are, sneaking off in the middle of the night with no word of where your going?" you spat at him, shoving your hands into his chest and sending him stumbling back a few steps.

"Y/N, calm down," he whispered, trying to come a little closer to you only for you to step away from him.

"You could be dead and I would never know, Jojen," you told him, your voice weaker as you thought of losing him. "I love you, but I can't live in constant fear of losing you," you added, the tears bubbling over as he moved to pull you into his arms.

"Winterfell is not dangerous," he whispered in your ear, his hand coming to stroke your hair as he spoke.

"That's not the point, you know it's not," you growled at him, pulling back a little to look him in the eyes. "How do I know you're safe if I don't know where you're going?" you added and he let out a deep breath.

"You just always look so peaceful when you're sleeping; I hate waking you," he whispered, his lips pressing to your forehead as he spoke.

"I don't care if look peaceful," you mumbled. "From now on you wake me when you leave, and you tell me where you are going," you added and you felt him nod in agreement.

"If it will put your mind at ease, I'll do it," he answered softly, causing you to smile as you pulled away from him, quickly pressing your lips to his before moving back to the bed.

"Now, you need to rest; you must be exhausted after all that travel," you told him, softly patting his side of the bed before pulling the covers back up to your chin and snuggling down, waiting for him to climb in behind you and wrap you up in his arms.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x