Seventeen

A.N Another big time skip coming up. I think it just helps me move the story on instead of doing random little chapters. And If I get anything wrong like dates or information please tell me so I can make it right. They should be right anyway as Tony's birth year I got from his file (from Cap's deleted scene in Avengers), and when Howard died I got from the newspaper on the side >>>>>

------------------------

*1971*

It's been a long time since we last spoke. SHIELD has become bigger and I have gone and completed a lot of missions. Howard managed to fish out the tesseract and it is now being held at NASA, a company created for the research of space. It's the only place good enough for it to be stored. It's being monitored by agents every day in case it does something weird, and if it does, I'll be the first to know.

What has happened in the world of Howard Stark I hear you ask? Well, all you ladies can calm down now as Howard has finally settled down with a woman. Her name is Maria and she is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I sometimes wonder how she fell for Howard. But then I see them together and I know why. They've now been married for two years and last year they welcomed a wonderful baby boy to the world. They called him Tony. Well it's Anthony but I call him Tony. It sounds better. I think Howard secretly thinks so too but Maria insists in calling him Anthony. (She's weird)

In other baby news though, Andrew had a son he never told us about. His name is Nicholas and he's around 15 now I think. Little devil but he's a great boy. Just like his father, ruthless and strong. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes over from his father and not me. I don't think I'm fit to be directer anyway. I'm more fit for an agent.

Peggy's been Peggy. She's becoming a great Agent but she's having second thoughts about all this. She was ill last year which put her in the hospital for two months. I worried about her. I always do. I can't lose her, or Howard for that matter. They're the reason I'm doing what I'm doing today. I can't and won't lose them yet. I know I have to lose them at some point but I don't want it to be just yet. That's understandable right?

Well it seems I've caught you up with everything, I think. Right now I've just come back from a mission and I'm in the guns department testing out guns. I like my guns.

"Ms Gomez, Mrs Stark is in your office" An Agent told me as I set down my gun. I nodded and took off my ear protectors and walked to my office. So many agents have come and gone and SHIELD is now bigger than ever. It's amazing and I feel so privileged to work here. Once again I have become good friends with an agent named Zack Jones. Don't get me wrong he is cute, but he isn't Steve.

We created a little memorial thing in SHIELD for Steve so agents can go and look at it as they please and learn about what he did for us. I go look at it more than others. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him and Bucky.

I sighed walking up to my office. I opened the door to find Maria stood looking at around my office.

"Don't see you around here very much" I said making her turn to me and smile.

"Ashley, hey" She smiled walking up to me and hugging me tightly. "It's good to see you"

"Good to see you too. Now who is this little monkey, eh?" I walked up to Tony's pram and stroked his face with my finger. He is such a cute baby you don't understand. He is bald for now and looks just like Howard. How unfortunate. Tony giggled at me as I started pulling funny faces at him.

"He's missed his Auntie Ashley." Maria said as I picked Tony up out of his pram and bounced him up and down.

"And I've missed you too." I said in a funny voice kissing Tony's forehead. "You've grown so much since I last saw you."