Chapter 12

Camila's POV

I definitely got to see how different Lauren was when we first landed in Dubai. It wasn't anything drastically different but she certainly surprised me.

The first thing that made my jaw drop was her driving us to the Meydan hotel in a goddamn Lamborghini. But not just any Lamborghini. It had to be chrome according to her demand. Yes, she actually said she wanted a chrome Lamborghini and by golly, she got one.

"Fuck, Lauren, do you know how fast you're going?!" I was holding onto everything I could for dear life as she sped on the highway.

"Don't care! I'm in Dubai in a chrome Lambo Aventador. This is a dream come true!" she cheered, turning up the Ty Dolla $ign song (her favorite artist at the moment). We were following her team and friends who were also in some super nice sports cars and SUVs to where we were staying. But Lauren of course had to get the most expensive and flashiest one of all.

"They treat you like royalty here, Camz," Lauren sighed in satisfaction as we entered our insanely huge suite. "This must be how Giorgio lives, right? Like a king?"

"He sure does," I looked around at everything from the multiple bathrooms and bedrooms to large living spaces. "And we're the only ones in here?" I questioned as we could have had the rest of the girls join us. This had to be one of the nicest places I'd ever stayed in and I'd been to castles.

"Yep, I just want you and I in here," she smirked, throwing her Louis V bags on the bed while the bellhop brought in the rest on the cart.

"Thank you, sir," I tipped the man.

"Look at this view, babe. You can see the whole race track," she looked out from the balcony at the world's largest horse race track that was right below.

"It's beautiful," I smiled, stepping out and chuckling at how happy she looked. She was like a kid in the candy store, getting everything she could ever dream of.

"Lauserrrrr!" Dinah came into the room followed by Ashley, Normani, and Ally.

"Damn, did you get your own floor? This place is fucking huge," Ashley huffed with a hint of jealousy, looking around the room.

"Isn't it?" Lauren laughed and joined them on the king size bed.

"So, what's the plan? Party tonight and then party on the yacht tomorrow after the show?" Dinah questioned.

"And after the party on yacht, we party some more at the club," Lauren nodded proudly, raising up a bottle of champagne about to pop it. "You know I have to do it."

"Ayyyy!" the girls cheered as she popped and sprayed it all over the room, drenching everyone. Okay, it was pretty fun, but there was something about that plan that made me feel weary. I knew it wasn't the first time I partied with Lauren and her friends as they constantly went out every chance they got, but it still concerned me. More so for Lauren. It wasn't like I could stop her though.

***

I idly watched everyone drink and party their heads off like I usually did. Apparently I was a "boring ass mom" as Lauren and Ashley called me. And maybe they were right. I was 29 now and surely not getting any younger. The more I went out with these girls, the more old I felt which sounded lame. I really needed to just live out the last year of my twenties to the fullest like Lauren wanted me to. But how?

"Hey, Camila! Are you doing okay?" Normani approached me at the table with Ally by her side, wearing a bright, joyful smile. Quite honestly, I'd never seen Ally frown once. At least genuinely. She was so happy and positive all the damn time sometimes it sickened me. But she was a cutie pie.