{3}

Chapter Three

 The pictures came, luckily, on a Friday three weeks later.

 Logan didn’t understand that normal people wanted to go to school without a hangover, or actually wanted to make it to school the next day without missing it because they had passed out somewhere in his house. If the pictures had come even on a Monday, Logan would have insisted of having the party on the exact day of the picture release.

In short, Logan was wild and reckless. Sort of a party animal. Casper had to guess this was because his parents never said no, or didn’t care what he did as they were always out and busy with their careers. Casper had some sort of idea that they were both lawyers or into politics or something.

So most of the time it was just Logan, in his massive house that could hold up to more than a dozen people with their own room, all on his own. It used to be him and his sister but she had married and moved away to the other side of the world. Logan wouldn’t say it, but Casper suspected he was unbearable lonely. In a big house all by himself. He supposed his parties were sort of a relief and always had an excuse for having one... not that anyone was complaining

Casper was relieved to find that his single picture came out great, almost too perfect. His blue tips on his fringe brought out the blue in his eyes. He was proud of it.

 If only he could have said the same about the class photo.

Of all the pictures they had took that day, it just had to pick the fifth shot.

 Right, slap bang in the middle of the picture was Casper with his tongue sticking out, aimed directly at a smug looking James.

 Just bloody fantastic.

“Say what you will but I think it is mega cute,” Daisy gushed, staring fondly at the picture.

Casper groaned,” it’s horrible! He has to ruin everything!”

“I agree with Daisy,” Hedgehog gave a sly smile.” It’s adorable.”

Casper’s face grew hot as he heard the implying tone in her voice, the two girls stared at him. They all had the same look about them, a look that Casper had come to understand over the past few months.

Somehow, his friends had gotten it into their heads that Casper and James were secretly in love with each other and that they were the ultimate couple. All their bickering, heated arguments, name-calling and fist fights were just some way of the two boys to show their affections or sexual tension for one another. Jasper, Daisy announced one day, the three of them – Hedgehog, Daisy and Logan had laughed all lunch time at Casper’s face as he caught on straightaway at what Daisy had done. James had said nothing on the matter. Casper was sickened at the idea; they couldn’t be further from the truth.

He was glad James was kept back in P.E. with Logan. James would always go along with Daisy hanging all over Casper and Hedgehog sitting there with this facial expression and wiggling her eyebrows, trying to embarrass him even further. It did just that, also it grew his hatred for the taller boy even more so. He did this.

“How are you getting to Logan’s, Casper?” Daisy asked. James and Casper lived a ten minute drive away from Logan’s house.

“I’ll probably walk or something,” Casper replied, trying to eat his chicken mayonnaise baguette without the chicken falling out or get mayonnaise anywhere near his face. This shit was fucking impossible but undeniable delicious and so worth all the trouble.

“No, you can’t! You’re cute little ass with get raped or some shit.”

“Well, I can’t exactly ask my mum for a freaking lift can I? Not since she hates Logan from the last time he tried stick his tongue down her throat!” he accused. Casper’s mum had kept serious tabs on him after that incident. He never made the mistake of letting any of his friends enter his house again, well, at least, when his mother was in.