Why did I tell them that?

When the Avengers crashed I figured that the knocking on the door was Jeff- he owns the field they crashed into-coming to fill up his water jug. I was in the basement of the house doing laundry. I yelled "come in" and when I saw Cap I figure 'well it was good while it lasted. I'm gonna get thrown in a cell.'
Walking up the stairs and found the whole Avengers team. Hulk, Captain, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Falcon, The Witch lady. All of them.
It was weird. Especially seeing Winter standing by the door without someone holding him and him not being in chains. He saw me and looked like he saw a ghost. Considering the mission I failed got me out of the hell hole called HYDRA. They think I'm dead.

Winter was one of the only people to see me without my hair dyed and my mask off. He knows who and what I am.

"Um. You are not Jeff"
"Of course not darling!! We are the-"
"Avengers yah. I know. Mr. Stark would you like to explain why you are here."
"Dam. She's not a joyful person" muttered Stark
"What Tony here is trying to say is that our jet crashed and we were hoping to stay here awhile. If you don't have room that is alright." Captain America said

I have tracked like half these people, and attempted to kill two of them. Winter being one. And no one here -other than Winter- recognizes me. This is dead strange.

Answering Captains question with a smile that doesn't reach my eyes I say
"Sure. There are two bedrooms downstairs and a bedroom up here. There are two campers outside plus the couches. All I ask is that you don't go into my room without permission and that you don't smash anything important. Mr. Stark you may put your suit in the shed and do repairs there. We will get your jet tonight."

"Sounds like a game plan I'm going to take a nap if that's alright?" Seeing me nod he continues "Oh one more thing- got any booze?"
"Yup. But not telling you where."
"You're mean"
"Deal with it"
"Tony just go fix your suit" Widow glares at him while saying this.
"Yes ma'am"
Once he has left and halfway across the yard I start worrying about the others.
"As for you two ladies I might have some clothes that will fit you"
"That would be wonderful!"
"No problem Scarlett. As for the boys there might be some clothes that fit you in the room opposite of mine."

They all mutter thanks or nod their heads. While shuffling to the room I had pointed at.

I can tell Scarlett is trying to get into my head. To bad I have walls that are thicker than the Hoover dam.

When they all are changed-including Tony who came back in about five minutes earlier- they sit down in the living room and I make lunch which is just burgers.

Winter watches me from where he sits in the living room until he grows tired of the others and their conversation. Standing up and coming to sit at the kitchen table as close to the stove where I am he speaks up after a few moments.
"You have changed so much since I last saw you."
"Yah. I made sure to change my looks and last name since leaving that place."
Winter nods while watching me.
I have enhanced hearing so I can hear the others who are all whispering in the living room.
"Can we trust this kid? I can't get in her head."
"Well she's the best chance we have of staying away from HYDRA for awhile."
"Steve she could be HYDRA for all we know."
"I doubt that. She barley looks 20. And Bucky would probably know if she was. He's talking with her now, so I doubt that she is."
And with that they are looking at me and Winter whispering to each other. As soon as I notice we stop.
"What? Not like I'm poisoning them. Chill"
"Sorry ma'am. Bucky come here for a minute."

Wonder what they're gonna ask. Probably 'do you know who that is?' Or maybe 'is she HYDRA? was she HYDRA?'

"Buck. Do you know her?"
"No. Not anymore."
"What do you mean by that?"
"She's a good kid. She's not HYDRA. Not anymore."

The others grow tense and reach for their weapons.

"She's not going to hurt any of you. Don't worry. Please!"
"Winter it's alright. It's nothing I haven't dealt with before."
"Silver-"
"People around here call me Jessica. I got out of that life. I'm not going back."

While walking towards me Hulky starts yelling "HOW DO WE KNOW THAT WE CAN TRUST YOU?!"

"YOU DON'T. I have tried to kill you Banner. I was sent to track Widow. Find out where the twins went after Sokovia. I have only failed one mission. And that mission was to kill the Hulk."

Most of the others stayed quiet during my outburst, while readying their guns. A few muttered to each other.

Finishing cooking the burgers I put them on the table where the bread, buns, condiments, butter, salt and pepper are. And then leave the house.

By the time I realize where I am I'm standing in the rafters of my shed. Sitting down slowly I question why I said what I said.

After sitting for about three hours so I get up knowing that Winter may get worried about where I have disappeared to I go back to the house.

937