Chapter 20

i went back to school yesterday. spent my first night getting drunk and then getting lost in my dorm building. what a way to start the school year, am i right?

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter 20

City Girl's POV:

"I have a question."

Glancing up from the manuscript I was currently working on, I caught sight of Harry walking from down the hall where he had just used the bathroom, dressed in his usual black jeans and a printed Hawaii shirt that I still couldn't believe he could pull off. "Which is?"

He narrowed his green eyes in curiosity, sitting on the coffee table right across from me as I sat curled comfortably on the couch. "How d'you feel about the Sugar Factory?"

My brows raised, red pen pausing above where I was about to make a correction. "I don't go there much but I love it, why?"

Harry linked his ring clad fingers together, the cross tattoo on his hand visible as he rested his arms on his knees. "Think it's a good spot for our first date?"

I blinked, wondering for a moment if he was serious but the inquiring expression on his face told me that he was. Letting out a light yet incredulous laugh, I couldn't help but ask, "Really? You actually wanna go out on a date? Won't that be risky?"

He, however, waved me off as he smiled charmingly. "I'll make some calls, make sure we're not seen. Won't be too difficult," he assured, looking completely carefree.

"You do know that the Sugar Factory is one of the busiest restaurants in New York, right? There's still a big chance you'll be seen," I informed him, because as much as I wanted to go out on a proper date with Harry, I also knew how much his privacy meant to him. It was one thing revealing himself to my family and friends, it was another to be seen out in a public restaurant by just anyone with a cell phone who could expose his whereabouts.

Just the other day there was an article in People magazine wondering about the prince's whereabouts, where 'sources close to the royal family' said he was taking a private vacation at an undisclosed location. If only everyone knew he was in one of the biggest cities in the United States; if he was found out, I don't think just Dave would be enough to protect Harry from the paparazzi.

Harry smirked knowingly, tilting his head to the side slightly as he mused, "If you don't want to go on a date with me, Vera, just say so." He was kidding, that much was obvious from his glinting green eyes, but I still sat up and shook my head.

"Of course I do," I told him, putting the script and my pen on the couch next to me. "I just wanna make sure that you're sure."

"Love," Harry spoke, his voice deep as his hands unlinked with one another and grasped mine. They were so much bigger than my own, enveloping both of mine easily as his warm hands held mine, skin tingling at the contact. "There's no question about it. Besides," he added with a boyish grin, "going on dates s'what normal people do, innit? It'll be fun."

A smile appeared on my lips, glancing down at my hands where Harry's thumbs were rubbing circles on the back of. I pressed my lips together to stop my smile from growing before looking back at Harry and nodding, "Alright, I'm in."

A pleased and happy grin spread on Harry's face, showing off his dimples denting his cheeks. My stomach flip-flopped and I, too, could suddenly feel happiness spread through me, no matter how cheesy that sounded. After yesterday, when I told Harry that I wanted to be with him and after he kissed me once again, I couldn't stop smiling because of how happy I was.