Sixty-two

Music           Travis Scott 16 Chapels

Yoongi

"Answer me!" father spoke up his tone cold. I remained standing in front of his desk the guys stood behind me with their heads bowed.
"Are you trying to disrespect me?" he stood up and made his way to stand in front of me.
"How dare you bring thatㅡ" before he got the chance to finish that sentence I raised my head and looked at him directly in the eyes, that was a sign of challenge, and it was the first time I had ever disrespected him in such way but I could not let him disrespect the woman I loved.
"I gave you orders Yoongi don't tell me your turning soft. Fucking weak...for a woman especially after knowing who her father is! I gave you my position because I thought you were capable to carry out my name! I want her goneㅡ take care of her or I'll do it myself" he threatened puffing on his cigar and then pointing at the guys behind me "Namjoon go get her andㅡ"

"You will do nothing to her!" I spoke loud and harsh towards him "I'm the boss now"
He stood silently obviously shocked at my sudden outburst towards him.
"You gave up this position to me and I'm the one in charge of this family nowㅡ they won't listen to you anymore; they listen to me now and like me they will protect Ellen" I turned on my heel and headed for the door the boys following behind me except for Jin who stood still in the same position.

"I'm sorry father but my boss is rightㅡ we've listened to you and have followed you for years. You taught us family is over anything and now I stick by my brothers and the girl upstairs; the girl my boss loves is family to us as well" he bowed before excusing himself.

The guys made their way upstairs to their rooms and before I closed the door father called for me again.

"If I find that girl suspicious I will kill her without hesitation; she's a Park and she will always carry his blood, and if I don't kill her someone's else will and you know that" he slouched back on his leather chair blowing out a cloud of smoke adding to the foggy office.

"I will protect her with my life even if that means going against you" I shot back before bowing my head and shutting the door.

I had never disagreed with father before and this being the first time made my shoulders feel heavy. I dragged my feet upstairs and down the hall to my room where I knew Ellen would be waiting for me.

Once I reached the top of the stairs where both staircases combined I took a look around the house I was raised into the family; it was our home but still had a distant, empty feeling. I looked to the east wing where the youngest's rooms were and only the faint sound of music could be heard; father never was a fan of noise. I walked down the west wing it was dark and the only source of light was from underneath the gap of the doors to each room.

I opened the door and slowly trudged in to find Ellen leaning against the railing of the room's balcony on the phone.
As if she sensed my presence she turned to look at me and quickly hung up.

"Who was it?" I asked as I laid back on the bed.
"Sori...I called to check on her and on the house...everything's fine" she continued as I waited for any update.

She sat beside me and looked down at her hands.

"Look about father I'mㅡ" before I could finish she spoke up still looking down and fidgeting with her fingers.

"I'm going to do it..." she began. I sat up and lifted her chin searching her face for any emotions or explanation.

"I'm going to fix everything my father didㅡ I don't want to run from it you deserve someone fearless and someone that can keep up with you. I could never do what you guys do but I'm going to take responsibility and tie all the loose ends".