Together Atlast: Chapter 6

McKenzie's POV:
"So I was all like 'If you try some shit on Kriss you'll be walking across the stage with eleven fingers and he was all like 'whatever' yeah that's pretty much what happened'"

We were discussing on the fact that Mark hadn't been hanging around us at all. I look at my best friend, dumbfounded at what he just said. Eleven fingers?

"You know what, I'm not even about to ask what you meant by that"

Jake shrugs his shoulders like he didn't just say something that totally weirded me out.

"So that's why he hasn't been really hanging out with us?"

"I hope it is because that's something you should never do. Flirt with another persons man."

He says confidently, referring to Mark that he hated so dearly. Rolling my eyes, I shake my head disapprovingly at the certain morals this guy has.

"Anyway can you let me tell you what I had to say now please?"

He nods his head, popping some of the chocolate covers peanuts into his mouth. We were over Jakes house so I could tell him about what happened yesterday since college for today was over.

"Ok so um, you remember Natalie right?"

"Well duh, how could I forget that crazy ass hoe"

I roll my eyes and continue talking, hesitance visible in my voice.

"So um like she was kinda murdered a few days ago"

"What seriously!? Wait, are you yanking my chain?"

He says, humor laced in his voice. I shake my head no and wait for his reaction. You'd think one would be sad but he was the total opposite. Before I could process anything Jake started dancing happily around his house singing 'she dead, the crazy blondie is dead. She dead mf'ers'.

"Jake sit your ass down and let me finish. And for God's sake she's dead, have some respect"

I try to say with a straight face which was surprisingly hard to do considering his funny personality. He rolls his eyes, planting his ass back on the couch once again.

"Now, can I finish?"

"I'm sitting down aren't I?"

He says with sarcasm laced in his voice making me roll my eyes.

"You know, you're one horribly mannered person"

"Which is why you love me"

He says with a cheeky grin and a hand making its way back to the bowl of peanuts.

"I'm trying to tell you that they arrested Kyle and I yesterday because they suspected that I had something to do with the murder for fucks sake!"

I yell out, ignoring his conceited remark. My tone increasing only by a little. His hand freezes while still in the bowl. He didn't make an attempt to pull it out. His eyes searched mine for any dishonesty. When none was found he gasped.

"What?!"

I flinch at his loud tone and unreadable expression . There were a lot of emotions mixed in it but I couldn't tell what they were.

"Jake, calm down"

He cleared his throat, pulling his hand out the bowl and straightening out his red collared polo shirt.

"I'm calm, now I'm going out for a bit darli'n. I'll be back, it shouldn't take long"

"Jake, sit down. You are not going to that police stat-"