Chapter 59: Saved by the bell

     I woke up alone on Jackson's bed.

   Jackson barely lets me in his room so, me being alone is a big deal. I turned on my side and watched the little specks of light creep through tiny spaces in the blinds, feeling peaceful for once in my crazy life. With all the horrid things that has been happening I was positive I was just going to watch TV all night and do whatever I can to not sleep but, last night I had the best sleep of my life. I felt protected —which with Jackson Miller you always are...unless of course he completely forgets about you but, no hard feelings.

     The sound of banging in the kitchen made me finally get up. I stretched and looked around his —surprisingly— clean kept room for my phone. Did I bring it in here last night? I frowned pacing the room what if I left it at Vito's creepy mansion! did I even have

    "Ow" I stubbed my toe on a black case that was sticking out from under the bed. Crouching down to push it further under I noticed an encrypted heart that spirals down and connects to a cross, Just like one of Jackson's tattoo, Just like the tattoo on my dad's arm. Curiosity got the best of me and I opened it.

    My mouth fell open.

     Now, i'm not good with guns but I could tell that although this one was long it wasn't a shotgun but it had a scope on top of it where you can kinda "zoom" in on your target. In the case, there were about two boxes of bullets and a really sharp looking knife. I looked under the bed, there were about five more cases like it.

     I ran my finger over the barrel of the gun.

   "What do you think you're doing?" A voice said from behind me. I jumped back. Jackson was standing behind me in a white T-shirt and grey sweats.

     " Th-This is a gun, you have a gun...under your bed" I tried to hide the fear in my voice.

         " Why are you looking under my bed?" He crossed his arms.

        " I wasn't trying to I just...I just, " I started hyperventilating. " You're going back there aren't you"

  He chuckled. " You seriously think that asshole is gonna kidnap you and get away with it? Of course i'm going back"

   Suddenly I was back in that cold interrogation room curled up in the corner as people were losing their lives fighting to save me. I could feel the panic attack coming along nicely. He's gonna go back, and he's gonna—

    "Hey," I didn't know I was shaking until he wrapped his arms around my shoulders, holding me steady. " This isn't because of you, it's...this war has been raging on for some time now, sometimes the Alfa has to show the others why he's Alfa and that's what's happening right now"

   " I don't want you to get hurt, Aiden already got injured," I hesitantly looked up at him. " How's Aiden?"

  " He's...healing" His jaw clenched and I could tell there was more he wanted to say but didn't. 

     I wiped away a stray tear feeling embarrassed for having my second mental breakdown in front of him.

    " I have to take you back to Jeffrey's mansion, where you're safe" He spoke, keeping his voice low.

   " I only feel safe with you" I whispered.

    " Now is that because you don't listen, or because I let you get away with not listening?" he joked and a mustered up a smile. 

  " Both," I said. " Although I wouldn't mind not getting away once in awhile"

      His eyes turned dark. " Are you saying, you don't listen to me on purpose?"