CHAPTER 26

Cordelia walked out and saw her mother, Ann, standing outside the pack house. "Mom, what are you doing here? Again?" She asked her as she approached her. "I'm here to get the three of you back. You, Lowell, and Anna. Have you rejected that bastard yet?" Her mother asked with hope in her voice. Cordelia shook her head no. "I haven't. And I told you that I wasn't leaving here."

Ann was determined. She didn't want to leave without her daughter. "Come on, Dels. It's been hard on your father and I without you at home. We can't imagine a life without you." Ann said and grabbed her daughter's hand. Cordelia sighed and shook her head no. "I know you can't mom. But I'm nineteen now. I'm growing up. I know Pierce is mean and he did something that's unforgivable. But... I can tell that maybe he wants to change. And I'm staying here until I see that happen. And if it doesn't, then I'll reject him and come home."

Pierce walked up to them and pulled Cordelia away from Ann. "What do you think you're doing, sir?" Ann hissed at Pierce. "I'm protecting my mate. What does it look like I'm doing? If she says she doesn't want to go home yet, then she doesn't have to. Leave her be. Now." Pierce roared.

Ann growled, turned wolf, and attacked Pierce. "Mom!" Cordelia yelled. Pierce turned wolf and flipped them over and roared. Ann changed back and growled lightly. "You win this time, kid. Let me go." She growled. Pierce changed back and helped her up. "Stay away from my pack and my mate. I don't care if she's your daughter or not. She's staying with me. If I see your face ever again near here, I'll throw you in a jail cell." And with that, Pierce grabbed Cordelia's hand and pulled her back into the pack house.

Lowell looked at Ann. "Why do you keep coming back, Ann? You know she won't leave." He told her. "She's my only child. I  I lost her once. I don't want to loose her again." She said and looked down. "Cordelia is nineteen, almost twenty. She found someone who she can call a mate. Ya, he's a hard headed, mean, cruel guy. But I see who he can be when he's around her. He's become calmer and different when she's around. Ya, he's not perfect. He's still not the best at keeping his temper. But I can tell he's trying. For her." He left Ann and walked back into the house.

He glanced over at Cordelia and Pierce who were lounging out on the couch, smiled, and walked back into the guest room where Annabelle was. "Hey, Lowell. I gotta tell you something." She whispered and reached out for his hand. "What is it, love?" He asked as he grabbed her hand and sat down. "I think I'm pregnant." She told him. He smiled. "That's great." He said and ran his other hand over her stomach.

Cordelia struggled to sit on the couch as it tried eating her for the millionth time. Pierce smiled at her and grabbed her by the waist and pulled her on his lap. "Better?" He asked. She shrugged. Cordelia guessed it was better. But it just felt awkward sitting on his lap. But it was better than being eaten by a couch.

Pierce and Cordelia sat in awkward silence for what felt like forever. "So." Cordelia said and looked up at Pierce. "So." He repeated. "Thanks. For what happened just a few minutes ago. Telling my mother off." She chuckled. Pierce smiled. "You said you didn't want to leave. As your mother she should've respected what you wanted."

Cordelia shifted on his lap. She laid her head on his chest and inhaled his cologne. She didn't know whether she really wanted to stay or not. She was so confused. She knew she could easily say she didn't want to be his mate. In fact, she didn't want to be. But Pierce fascinated her a lot. And every time she tried saying it, it wouldn't come out.

Pierce felt his walls breaking and for once actually caring for someone. It felt nice to know that loving was easier then hating. Cordelia was the one who showed that to him.

"Don't you have some celebration to plan, Mr. Eldred?" Cordelia said and stood, stretching. "Ya. I do. Thanks for reminding me." He sighed and stood up too. "Well it's Friday. It's in a little over a week. Because it's not this Monday but next Monday. Ooh. Do you send out cards notifying your pack about it? I can make cards." Cordelia giggled as she followed him into his office. "No. We usually don't but if you want to make cards then make some cards." Pierce said and sat down at his desk.

She sat down on the couch while Pierce handed her some art supplies. "Have at it." He said and opened his laptop.