•14- Somebody Is Going To Die•

Ace's Pov

I growled, pacing around as I waited for my buddies to come and help me. Xan and Danielle were surprised to hear my mate escaped and that I killed Edward, but they understood the situation and agreed to help me hunt my mate down. She could have gone pretty far by now and I wasn't afraid to ask for help, except when it came to killing, that was a solo hobby.

"Hey Ace," I turn around and see Xan and Danielle in their gym shorts, from just shifting back. "So, how are we-"

I cut him off by suddenly falling to the ground. I let out a growl, clutching onto my heart. It felt like it was being ripped into shreds.

"Woah, what the fuck," Danielle says, coming close to me. I shake my head and lay down, panting in pain. "Um, Ace, your mark..."

I raise my hand and feel my neck for punctures holes, nothing. They disappeared, she fucking marked somebody else! If I only marked her before this shit wouldn't have happened! If I find- no, when I find her she is going to be marked immediately. A mate's mark could override anybody else's.

The pain subsides a bit, but picks up again when my wolf starts howling in pain. I stayed to the ground, my eyes blood red. I hated pain, I only liked giving it. I haven't felt this much pain since I was a child.

Xan and Danielle stay a few feet away from me, just in case I snapped and attacked them. That'd only happen if Lillian fucked whoever she mated. Who may that be, Darian.

I get off the ground, my adrenaline rushing. My wolf was weak, but I wasn't and I am going to find her and make her life hell. "Yo, you good?" Xan asks.

I nod, "My wolf is shit, but Im not giving up. She is going to pay for this," I say, clenching my teeth. "Anyways, you guys search East of town, I'll go West." They nod, splitting up into North East and South Easy. I took the whole West side, since I could smell her from double the distance they could.

I shifted into my weak wolf, who planted heavily as we walked around the dense forest. I couldn't blame him, it wasn't our fault,bit was our pathetic mate's. I was her mate and that was it!

I sniffed the surrounding fifty miles for the day, finding nothing. I glared at everything I passed as I went back to meet up with Xan and Danielle. Hopefully they found something that I didn't.

I look ahead at the tree we were meeting at and saw them leaning against it. I go behind a tree and shift back, throwing on my boxers, not caring too much. I probably looked like shit already.

Xan looks up at me, frowning, "You look like you haven't slept in a week. You gonna be okay?" he asks me.

"Yeah, now did you find anything," I say, shoving their politeness down the drain. I had no time for that, I needed to know if they knew where she was.

"Well, we did find we smell, but we couldn't find where it came from because of the strong wind," Danielle said, shoving his hands into his jean pockets. Xan nods, in agreement.

I groan, "Tomorrow we will go search around there, for now, a motel and some killing will do," I say, clapping my hands together. They nod and we split directions, going into the different parts of town.

I went to the rich side, with old victorian style houses. People took down their boarded windows, which was an obvious mistake. I was coming for them tonight, a lot of them.

I smirk and put on some jeans and hoodie, for the cold night. I had no problem showing my face, everybody knew it. It was a sexy one at that, one girl admitted it right before I killed her, but I already knew that.

I walk up to an olive green house, with few lights turned on, time to live the night.

~•~

I groggily got up from the motel bed, running my hand through my hair. My hair was sticky, I forgot to take a shower. I look down at the bed and saw it was drenched in blood, great. I roll my eyes and get up to look on the mirror. I had bags under my eyes and my hair looked crusty. Gross.

I whip around and hop in the shower, cleaning myself good. One thing I hated was bad hygiene, the smelly people were always killed in a messy way so I didn't have to go close to them. Some things are disgusting, like what people think of me, but I don't mind. They're just missing out on all the fun.

After the shower me, Xan, and Danielle grab some food before we went back into the forest. We shifted into our wolves and headed out. I followed them, not knowing this part of the forest very well. Nobody lived here, so I had no reason to explore East.

It was a three hour run before Lillian's scent hit me like a brick. She smelt a little like Edward, but different. No doubt it was that fucking Darian kid. I growl, jumping in front of my buddies to sniff out where exactly she was.

Xan growls at me and I face him, glaring. "If we find her, watch her before you attack," he taps at me. I frown, not getting what he was going for. Obviously I was going to jump right when I see her. "See what she is like when she's not scared, maybe you could manipulate her later," he adds. I nod, that was good advice, if I could only control myself.

We sneak closer to the scent, soon approaching a tiny cabin. I perk my ears up, trying to listening for something. My wolf was too weak for that though so I marched closer. I was twenty feet away in the bushes looking in when I saw my little mate, a smile in her face.

She was wearing a large hoodie, and cooking. Darian walks up behind her and kisses her cheek before turning around and sitting down. Her face became flushed, and I felt her heart beating.

I growled, wanting to go forward, but Xan and Danielle held me back. I'd be able to push through them if it wasn't for those two in there marking each other. If they fully mated I could die.

I keep watching, Lillian serves Darian breakfast and he thanks her. They eat together, chatting afterwards. Lillian was a lot more talkative than I thought. Her mouth never seemed to close, but Darian just smiled and listened. How cliché.

"Don't you see, if you want to be strong, then that's how you've got to play the game," Xan says.