Chp 5: Different sides

Daryl woke up with the warm sunlight glaring down on him through the window. For him, It was an unusual way to wake up since he was always out of bed by 5:00 to do some early hunting. If not that, it's his nightmares.
He looked around the room, adjusting to his surroundings then reality hit him. He was in Paul's spare bedroom. He smiled, thinking of last night. Never in a million years would he think he'd be good friend's with Paul fricken Rovia, a sneaky, slightly cocky, smart ass gay ninja guy who calls himself Jesus. If he were told this a few months ago by someone, he'd swear they found heavy drugs somewhere.
But there he was, last night, telling stories and cracking jokes with 'Jesus'

Daryl sat up, wiped the sleep from his eyes and got dressed for the day. He put on his usual Dark, worn out shirt, baggy jeans and brown boots then left the room.

"Oh hey, you're finally up."
A sweet familiar voice called from the kitchen.

"Mm. Must be.. Roun' 10 by now." Daryl mumbled as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Hungry?" Paul asked bringing two plates of scrambled eggs and toast to the table, still dressed in the white short sleeved shirt and grey sweat pants he wears to bed.

"Hell yeah I am."
Paul smiled as the older man immediately took a seat and dug in.

_____________

"What's on for today?" Daryl asked as Paul washed the plates.

"Well.." He began, grabbing a tea towel from the small counter. "We all have a 'short' meeting with Gregory" Daryl rolled his eyes. "And by meeting, I mean 20 whole minutes of arguing. Then after that, i guess we say our goodbye's to Rick and the group. They got things to deal with back in Alexandria."

"Like what?" Daryl asked. Paul shrugged as he wiped his hands with the towel.

"Negan, I suppose."

"Looks like Rick took my advice." Daryl smirked. "Hope he's sufferin' good in that cell."

"He is.."

There was silence as Paul was cleaning the rest of the kitchen.

"So yer ready to go to this stupid meeting now?" Daryl asked.

"Yes, but we still have thirty minutes and I'm using that time to take a shower." He said, happily skipping his way to the other bedroom then to the bathroom holding fresh clothes.
Daryl smiled at the sight. He sure is a weird one. He thought, then decided to rest up on the couch. As soon as he got himself comfortable, a high pitched yell caused him to sit up so fast he almost fell off the couch. He got up and fled towards the bathroom where he heard the noise and burst through the door hoping not to see Paul hurt but what he saw confused him more than anything, changing his expression from concerned to amused.
Paul was leaning back on the wall, naked and tangled in the shower curtain holding up a hair brush towards the shower in defense.

"The hell is goin' on?" Daryl asked almost a laugh coming out at the end of his sentence. Paul quickly turned his head, a fearful look still plastered on his face.

"Daryl, thank god!" He said, then pointed to the shower.
Daryl slowly peered into the shower, expecting to see a snake or even a dead body but only caught sight of a little black spider moving around near the tap. He sighed and looked back at the younger man, raising a brow.

"I need you to kill it. please." Paul said, a little more calmly but still looked sightly freaked out. It disturbed Daryl seeing him acting like a pansy over something so simple. The scout kills walkers like a bad ass and has serious ninja skills for Christ sake.
Daryl suddenly burst into laughter, stumbling back against the other wall, holding his stomach.