To Entice A Dragon

Everyone rose to stand up as Ryu and Siri was announced. The heavenly vision everyone saw made them sigh and admire the beautiful couple. Not only were they regal, their aura was strong, imposing and united. There was no room for doubt or error in their perfect union. One was dark, strong and intimidating, where the other was alluring, dangerous, and spirited. They complemented each other so well that it brought all the married couples to shame. Their imposing unity and image made everyone shudder in fear. Their new reigning King and Queen was a powerhouse that could keep their people and Kingdom safe.

"You may sit." Ryu said once him and Siri sat down in their seats.

To Ryu's right, was Master Teacher Tsuyoi and all the Generals and their families. To Siri's left was all the Ministers and their families. They were seated according to rank. First rank sat closer to the King, then second rank then third rank and so on and so forth until the eighth rank, which was the last rank.

Siri's father, who once was Prime Minister, had been removed from his position and his family was demoted to fifth rank minister and given a position at the countryside. He and the Chen family no longer lived in the royal city. He was as far away from the royal city as possible. Never coming to the royal city ever again. His only achievement now was that his legitimate daughter is Queen, however he threw his legitimate daughter away and put his support to the Crown Prince instead. His life and the life of his second wife and their two young sons was his gift from King Ryu.

The new Prime Minister, Prime Minister Roxus, was a young man of 30. Although his experience was questioned, his ideas, plans, and enforcing was impeccable and innovating. His results were always positive and held little to no setbacks or blowbacks. He got his position by supporting Ryu in the beginning and pretending to support Crown Prince Morgan. He was a double agent for Ryu.  His spy information and influence made him a huge asset to Ryu and his win. Making him the new Prime Minister only made sense.

Prime Minister Roxus was married to a pretty woman with red hair and blue eyes named Meipa, who is six months pregnant. They have been married for five years and this would be their first child.

Next to Master Teacher Tsuyoi is the Commander General, Commander General Isao. He looked to be in his early 50's, but it wouldn't surprise Siri if he was in his 60's. He is married and has two sons, both of them are in the army, making their way up the ranks and a daughter who just turned 18. His wife's name is Hemi, while his sons, Isamu, 40 years old and Iwao, 34 years old. Both of them are married and have children themselves. Both a boy and a girl in each household. His one daughter, Jia, just turned 18 years old and has not been married yet.

Lieutenant General Isamu is married to Lady Meihui for 20 years. Their son, Katsuro, 18 years old, just passed the military exams for Captain and was quickly promoted. He is a shining example of a young man with an extraordinary future. Their daughter, Huifang, just turned 16 years old and just celebrated her coming of age. Their family would be looking for future son-in-laws for her.

Major General Iwao is married to Lady Liling for 14 years. Their daughter, Luli just turned 14 years old while their son, Kei turned 12 years old and has been training with his father since he was 7 years old.

Ryu said a few words, thanking the ministers and generals who supported him. He mentioned more than half of the people in the ceremonial hall by name and rewarded them for their services and loyalty.

It took close to two hours for the Head Eunuch Kyo to read each name and list the rewards gifted to them. When each minister or general was called, they stood up and came to the center of the room. They knelt and received the decree as Eunuch Kyo read their achievements and their reward for those achievements. After each decree was read, Eunuch Kyo would roll up the decree and give it to the person kneeling. They would then thank the King for his magnanimity then sit back down again.

After the two hours passed, the celebration began. Dancers danced while musicians played songs. Wine was poured and food was served. Slowly but surely every family, Minister and General made their way up to the dais and toasted the King and Queen in their health and victory. And every time they would introduce their son and daughter. Always mentioning if they were single and of age.

Everyone wore their best set of close, some with gems sewn into their dress, some with the finest silk or some with the finest detailing. Everyone looked fresh and ripe for the picking. Mothers would suggest their daughter was virtuous, talented in the four womanly arts or talented martial fighter. While their sons were courageous, a talented martial fighter and studious.

After every introduction from the families that attended, it took another two hours for them to be done. Siri was enjoying herself watching the dancers when one of them, with voluptuous hips and breast stepped forward from the back where she was standing the whole night. Her brown hair had been dyed blonde, so blonde it was close to white, as to mimic the Queen's hair. Her dancing was beautiful, her movements fluid like water, her steps light like air. Her hips shaking, enchanting and mesmerizing.

Even Siri could appreciate a beautiful woman when she saw one. But what she doesn't tolerate is other women, beautiful or not, who has the gall to try to entice her husband in front of her. It infuriated her. She was sitting right there and her existence was ignored.

The dancer danced right in front of the royal steps for a long time and when she danced, she stared only at Ryu, never looking away. After a while, she became courageous. Seeing how the King did not say anything to her about moving out of the way, she took one step on the stairs leading up to the dais that was reserved for the dragon and phoenix couple.

The moment her foot touched the first step, shadow guards came down upon her and held her down. Two guards were at her side. Each one had one of her arms as they push her down until she knelt. She screamed in pain as she tried to struggle and everyone stopped. Everyone became quiet as they watched.

"Your Highness!" She cried. "Please forgive this servant! I only wanted to dance for you!"

"You would have been fine dancing where you were. But when your foot touched the royal steps, it became a crime." Prime Minister Roxus informed her.

"This servant didn't know!" She cried out louder. "Forgive this servant!"

"Take her to the dungeons." Ryu said as he looked bored. "It'll teach others not to try to entice a dragon who only has one phoenix."