ENCOUNTER

He even looks cocky

He even looks cocky. 

-------------------------------------------------

She staggers back as he stops midway, his eyes boring into her. More men pour in the small house and Bell presses herself on the wall more to disappear. He glances at the bed and back at her. 

"we've been told that you're hiding someone in here" his voice rings loud, cocky. 

she doesn't say anything. 

"what's that bulge on the bed?"

Bell winces as he snatches the blanket and throws it away. It lands on one of the men and the guys around him snicker. When they see him they all gasp. The golden haired man is the only one who doesn't react to his sight. 

"what's wrong with him?" he asks 

Bell is too scared to say anything so she stays quite and cowers away even more. 

"is she mute?" a man asks with a small wooden pick in his mouth. Suddenly she sees him approach her, looking down on her.

"are you mute?" he walks closer to her, way closer than any man ever was, his face inches apart from hers. She can feel his breath on the side of her face and she winces. Feeling sick. 

"huh?" he says and touches her chin. She presses herself away more, and snaps her head away from his hand. 

"Alright enough James" the loud voice demands "she looks like she's about to cry" 

Some men snicker at her but James backs away nonetheless. She can clearly see that he doesn't want too. 

"we don't want to hurt him" the golden haired man says "he's one of us" 

suddenly another man comes barging in "where is he?" 

The new intruder's eyes lands on her patient and he walks over to him, dropping on his knees next to the bed "whats wrong with him?"

Bell recognizes the look on his face before she notices the similarity of his face. She instantly knows this man is either his son or brother. He looks up at her with pain in his eyes earnestly. She swallows down the Lump in her throat. 

"took an arrow" her feminine, shaky voice is a shock to the loud, rowdy place with more than half a dozen men  

"Will he be alright?"

she shakes her head timidly "Im not sure" 

when she sees his crestfallen face she quickly says "but he's lasted two weeks now"

he looks down at him and frowns "he looks monstrous..why does he look like that?" 

before she could answer the loud man does. 

"Its poison Jared" he lays a hand on his shoulder "your brother's been poisoned" 

"what's the poison?" he asks and it takes her a while to comprehend that he's addressing her.