Back in town// They're like sixteen.

"Hey hey you you I don't like your girlfriend no way no way I think you need a new one, hey hey you you I could be your girlfriend!" I sang as I spun around in my office chair.

"That song makes me cringe so hard." Carlos visibly cringed.

I pointed my finger at him and began singing in spite of him, "You're so fine I want you mine you're so delicious. I think about you all time you're so addicting-"

"Okay. Got it." Stephan barged back in carrying a large file. He looked hesitant to give it to me, I knitted my eyebrows together at his reaction as I slowly slid out the targets from the folder.

My jaw clenched as I laid the photos out in front of me. I leaned against the back of the chair and crossed my arms. "Who wants them dead?"

"Noah-"

I cut Christian off, "Who wants them dead. They've done nothing wrong. They're like sixteen." I pointed at the pictures of the teenagers.

That's not saying much, Asher killed my aunt when he was sixteen -in defense of his mother- and many people after that. You never really know what anyone is capable of.

"If you don't want to take it I can send it back and have them give the case to someone else." Stephan said and I shook my head.

"I'm not passing up a two million deal. But I want to talk to whoever the fuck wants them dead before I do it." I found myself saying. The words felt foreign on my tongue, I never thought that out of all people, I'd be one of the top nine deadly killers on the planet. Being paid by the wealthiest people to eliminate someone they don't like. "Who asked for this to be done?" I repeated myself. I fucking hate repeating myself.

They all looked hesitant before Stephan spoke, "Mayhem, Noah." Asher. Why the fuck does Asher want them dead? Why can't he just do it himself? I mean, he's the one that taught me everything I know. Well- almost everything.

"Out." I stated in a chilling tone and they all followed Carlos at the door. The door clicked shut and I put my head in my hands before I sat up and dialed my moms number.

"Hello?"

My breath hitched at her voice, it's been a few months since we've spoken, "Hey mom."

"Noah! Guys it's Noah!" She called out to what I assume is my dad, my sisters and their fiancées. Tyler's even pregnant, she and the guy Tyler are having a girl. "What's up hon?"

"Oh I just wanted to let you know that I'll be flying out to the city soon and I'm going to come visit you." Everyone began cheering at my words and I smiled slightly, I love how excited my family gets when they talk to me. It's been four years since I've seen them. "And I have a little...well two surprises for you." I said referring to the twins.

We chatted for a few more minutes before I hung up and looked back down at the pictures. I pulled out all the papers and managed to find the Mayhem phone number which I assumed lead to someone I could speak to.

After a few rings, it was picked up. "What?" Asher's voice snapped through the phone and I scowled.

"Wow fuck you too." I said and I heard a sharp intake of breath on his end. "I'm calling about your newest job, to exterminate three teenagers."

"What?" He seemed completely lost. "Who is this?" His voice was a little deeper than when I last heard him.

"Noah." I bit my lip and waited for him to respond.

"Noah? Noah where the fuck are you? Why are you calling me from London? You were supposed to be back after a year." He growled angrily, "And how the fuck do you know about what I sent to the elites?"

"Watch your mouth. You don't know shit about what's happened. Yes, I live in London. And clearly I'm calling because I'm the one who is going to be exterminating them. But I refuse to without explanation." I said, rage evident in my tone.

Who the fuck is he to tell me I was supposed to be back after a year? How did he even find it?

"I'm not giving you that information over the phone." He said in a 'duh' tone, "Wait until you arrive in the city."

"Well I have a job out in Belgium so I won't be there until Tuesday. I have some personal business to handle so I'll meet with you on Thursday." I felt myself growing angrier and angrier.

"Mommy! Theo hit me again!" Gabe came crying into the room.

I sighed, "Look. I'll see you Thursday." I stated and hung up the phone. I picked up Gabe and gave him a hug, "Theodore Asher!"