Chapter 1

Jameson's P.O.V

Freedom. There's something in everyone's life that gives you the internal feeling of it. Where you feel unstoppable, confident and completely under your own control. For me, Jameson Williams, my feeling of freedom comes from what makes me the happiest: Trampolining.

However, one afternoon, one person made me for the first time in my entire life question - is trampolining what makes me the happiest? Or could a certain someone cause me to feel even...happier? Make me feel even...freer?

-----

Concentrate. Don't mess this up. You've got this. Finally. Okay...one...two...-

"Well, I've never once seen anyone make use of these old things." A voice, one which I don't in the slightest recognise, distracts me entirely.

My breathing increases, and before I know it I'm not bouncing in the centre of the trampoline anymore. "Shit!" I cuss, my foot getting trapped in between the springs, causing me great pain. Luckily I didn't hear a crack?

In a slump, I fell back in by no means a graceful manner. My ankle was burning a sharp pain, but I didn't have the nerve to cry out like I so desperately wanted to knowing I'm not alone.

Slowly yet surely, I lifted myself up so that I sat upright on the bouncy surface. My ankle is fucked. Ignoring my trapped foot, I searched the large yet empty gym in search of the male who's voice caused me to mess up to badly. And surely enough, stood not too far from the edge of the trampoline to my surprise, was indeed a jock of the school. Kyle, I believe is his name?

"Sorry man!" He apologizes, approaching the trampoline properly. He leans his arms on the edge besides where I sit as I pathetically cradle my knee. "Didn't know anyone could be so jumpy." He chuckles, in what I assume is an attempt to lighten the mood.

I wasn't going to lie, I was pissed off. Like really pissed. And by the pain shooting down my lower left leg, I won't be trampolining for at least a week or two. That is, if my injury is even a sprain.

"Are...you okay?" He asked, lowering his voice in what sounded like a concerned tone.

I let out a silent breath, trying not to show how my insides were boiling with frustration. "Fine. I'm fine." I mumbled, refusing to look in his direction.

"Shouldn't you...uh have mats around this thing? If you fell off...that'd be quite some pain." He then said, looking around the surface of the trampoline to double check there are no mats anywhere.

Honestly, considering his reputation and who he hangs around, I'm surprised that Kyle Indigo is so awkward to hold a conversation with. I mean, I'm the socially awkward one with no set friends, so surely I should be the one stuttering out weird comments?

I nodded. "I should," I agreed. "But I don't."

"Right...well do you need any help with...that?" He questions, pointing to my trapped foot. "You know, considering it was my fault." He guiltily looks down, scratching the back of his neck. Now he wants to help? Haha no thanks.

Who does this guy think he is? Waltzing into my gym in my free time and then offering to do things for me as if I'm helpless to myself and can't help myself in any way?

"No. Thank you very much." I say, turning my nose up at him and his offer.

He nodded slowly, gripping into the straps of his backpack. "Okay," he sings, dragging the word out. "Don't say I didn't offer." And with that, he proceeded to turn on his heel and begin to walk back across the entire gym towards the double doors in which he entered not too long ago.