Chapter 19

Camila ran around the field, working hard as the coach yelled out instructions for the players. She didn't mind the sweat running down her forehead. Her focus was on the ball until she heard a boy calling her name from the bleachers.

She looked up to see her friend Austin, waving his hand frantically. He had a panic look on his face and his face was full of sweat as if he joined Camila on the training.

"What is it Austin?" Camila asked, running towards him, making sure the coach didn't see her.

"I- um- I need you to attend this party tomorrow? Can you be there?"

"Oh my God, is it really that impo-"

"Yes! Camila, I need you to come!" Austin insisted, his voice was panicking and Camila was confused. Was it his birthday or something?

"Um okay buddy- just text me the details, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Austin nodded and Camila took it as a sign of the end of the conversation. However, as she started running, Austin held her wrist, avoiding her from going.

"I- um. I'm sorry Camila." He said, before leaving.

Well, he should be sorry for interrupting her training.

--

It was arguably the match of the season. Yes, it was only their second match of the season but it was against Carrolton and fuck yes were they hard. Her dad smiled when he saw his daughter running her laps. He knew how much of a threat she was and he didn't know what to think of it.

"Karla." He called out, making his daughter run towards him and envelop him into a hug.

"You think you're gonna win out there?" Alejandro smiled warmly, hugging her waist.

"Pffft, Carrolton what?" Camila joked. "Just joking pops, I'll certainly try my best."

"Good. I'll see you later, kiddo." Alejandro kissed the top of her head, before running to see his players training on the other side of the field.

Camila ran towards the squad, more particularly, she ran towards Alexis. "Bruh, why is the sun so shiny?"Camila furrowed her eyebrows, wiping her gross sweat.

"Because it's a sun."

Alexis earned a shove for that asshole of a reply.

"Hey Camila!" The pair looked towards the source of the voice, it was Taylor. Alexis had heard about what happened between the them and Lauren from Normani, and to be frank, she felt very protective of her friend.

She stood in front of Camila, covering her sides from Taylor.

"You coming to my party tomorrow?" Taylor asked, smirking that goddamn smirk that had turned girls gay and made boys fall head over heels for her.

"Um-"

"Austin invited you, right?" Taylor added.

"Oh- yeah." Since when is Austin invited to Taylor Hill's party? Since when do cheerleaders invite nerd? There was something wrong and she knows this.

"Wait. Mahone?" Alexis asked, reading Camila's thoughts.

"Yeah!" Taylor replied cheerfully.

"You invited Mahone to a party?" Alexis repeated and Taylor nodded. Camila and Alexis shared a look, knowing that there was something fishy about it.

"Okay... um yeah, I might come tomorrow." Camila replied.

"Bring Lauren with you." Taylor winked and ran towards the other cheerleaders, all of which were watching them intently.