Chapter 39: The Harsh Truth

Grillby leaned on his black marbled dinner table, supporting his chin with one hand, and the other resting below, thinking.

Today had been a long day.

A long day.

How would his father react?

"babe, you okay?" Sans asked, snapping Grillby out of his thoughts.

Sans had began staying more often with Grillby over at his apartment.

It was certainly nice having someone around other than pure loneliness.

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"you seem...off... thoughtful. what's in your mind if you mind sharing." Sans said, taking a seat next to Grillby and leaning closer.

Grillby sighed.

"I'm just tired. Today was a long day." Grillby replied, gently pushing back Sans.

"grillby... lying ain't your forte, you know..." Sans chuckled.

Grillby groaned hesitantly, and placed his head on the table.

"babe, you don't have to te-"

"My father is coming... along with my mother... and my older brother..." Grillby finally spoke up, interrupting Sans.

Sans' eye pinpricks disappeared for a mere second, and sweat began dripping over his skull.

"o-oh..." Is all he managed to stutter out, a blue blush spreading over his face.

Sans took off his bow tie with a pull and wiped his sweat off his forehead.

"uh...well then... guess it is time to meet them. have you at least told them about u-us?" Sans asked.

"No..." Grillby grunted.

"heh... uh... why not?" Sans questioned.

"My father isn't going to like it..." Grillby informed, almost at a barely audible tone.

As much as Sans wanted to keep asking questions, he held with both of his hands, Grillby's much bigger hand.

"babe... you love me right?"

Grillby turned to look at Sans and smiled.

"You mean the whole world to me." He responded sweetly.

"then nothing can stop us. we're inseparable! so just... t-tell them! after all, you've said so, so many times, that honesty is always one of the best options!" Sans assured.

Grillby took a deep breath and nodded.

"O-okay... I'll... I'll uh... Call him... later..." He said.

Sans grinned.

"great then! want me to make dinner tonight? eh?" Sans offered.

Grillby laughed softly in return, and nodded.

Sans rarely offered help to make dinner.

He usually only did it when Grillby was really tired, or he was down.

'I love him so much' he thought.

"Want any help?" Grillby asked, briefly standing up before Sans stopped him.

"no thanks. i got this. i may be lazy but you're forgetting papyrus and i lived together back in the underground. guess who was the one making the edible food back then? me." Sans recalled.

"Alright, love." Grillby chortled, taking a seat back in his chair.

"let me take this for you." Sans added, taking Grillby's black vest off and heading to the kitchen.