Chapter 37: In which I Fall

If it is real. 

It will never be over. 

I stood anxiously in the lab room, pacing back and forth as Jasmine silently watched

"She can do it."
Jasmine's words of assurance did nothing to sooth me as I continued to glance at the door.

Waiting.

It wasn't until an hour later, far into the night, that we heard the sound of fast approaching footsteps.

Yasmine emerged, quickly opening the door before closing and locking it behind her.

"I got it."
The relief in my chest burst forth like a busted dam as I sank to the ground.

Jasmine's release of breath came after seeing her twin safe.

Yasmine walked slowly up to me, holding out a thin flask of dark purple liquid.

"This is it, I'm sure."

Nycomy.

I did not know how she had done it. And by the looks in her eyes, she didn't want me to ask her.

"Thank you," I said, gratitude welling up in my eyes as I felt small tears form.

"You can make it now?"
Jasmine's worried voice rang out to my own. Alto would be here in the morning. There wasn't time. It had run out.

I shake my head, looking at the thin liquid.

The twins look at each other, worry clear within their eyes.

"He'll want access to the labs to see where you go Fayette. Your scent leads to this room. He'll know."

I sigh.

They were right.

"I can't move anything though," It was the truth. It had taken months for me to get everything within the right place. Any upset or balance could cause a solution or mixture to go wrong.

"He'll find out."

That's when it started.

I couldn't breath.

I felt the air leave my chest as I gasped, and then it came too fast, to sudden for me.

"Fayette, calm down, calm down."
Their cries did nothing to sooth me as I hyperventilated with the pressure I felt.

"He can't find out. He can't find out."

"We know Fayette. We know, but there is nothing we can do- at this rate he's going to."
I shook my head, new tears forming in my eyes.

What would the King do? I had failed. Failed.

Just as the thought enters my mind the door crashes open.

Yasmine gasps as several men step forward.

"Grab her."

It takes the twins a split second to realize their words are directed at me.

A fierce growl erupts from Yasmine as she shifts, faster than I've ever seen from her, her clothes instantly shredded and creature out with not hesitation.

Jasmine presses herself against me, shielding me as more men come in.

Several shift in their features, their wolf's coming out in a violent display as they collide with Yasmine.

She is a skilled warrior, and leaves one wolf injured before the others are upon her.

Jasmine cries out in pain for her sister, shifting with only the one thought to defend her blood.

I'm defenseless now.

There are too many men in the room, pressing against us. It leaves no room for the fighting wolves as one tips near my table full of journals. However to my shock, another wolf grabs his companion, shoving him away from my work and yelling, "Don't break any of the stuff!"

I scramble up, running to the window and looking out, banging against it and screaming for help.

Alto's men. Please see me.

But instead my eyes catch onto the sight of three bodies hidden within the bushes, my vision only able to see them because I'm directly above.

I scream again from the revulsion and pain.

But a hand clamps over my mouth, silencing me.

"Shut up."
My muffled cries are repressed as the man drags me to the door.

I cry when I see the fallen wolves of Yasmine and Jasmine. Breathing though. I see their faint breaths. Alive.

I plead silently to anyone, anything that someone will come in time to help them.

Alto.

He was suppose to come in the morning.

Suppose to hug me.

Embrace me.

To let me feel and see him after being away for so long.

Tears stream down my face. I gag when a cloth is pressed to my mouth.

"Get all the stuff- be careful with it though. I swear if one drop is spilled it will be your blood instead."

With those last words ringing in my ears, my world fades away.

My last fading thought is a picture of Alto within my mind.

Looming in front, but too far to find. 

I hope you people noticed that I changed the cover to 'Pride and Ashes

I hope you people noticed that I changed the cover to 'Pride and Ashes.'

I like it, so I think it will stick. 

Thanks for reading!

Until next time, 

Loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////