Chapter Twenty - This is Our Ouran Fair!

"Oh," Ryuji looks over at Haruhi and I. I was holding the door open, waiting, while messing with my eyepatch. "You're not eating breakfast?"

"Mmm-mm," Haruhi shakes her head, slipping her shoes on. "Okay, well, we're off."

"Is it something talking to your dad won't help?" Ryuji asks. 

"Why do you ask?" Haruhi replies with a question. "Really, I just don't want to eat this morning, that's all."

I Look down at my shoes. Haruhi really is lucky. Does she know that? I turn my gaze to the morning sky. 

"There are certainly a lot of things in this world that you can't do anything about, try though you might." Ryuji walks up to Haruhi, setting his hand on her head, and pulls her into a hug.  "Remember, Haruhi, this is exactly why you can't hesitate when it's time to stick things out."

We leave soon after. Before I close the door, I wave at Ryuji, smiling. "Sorry I can't eat, Ryuji. I'm sure it's really good."

I turn to leave, but Ryuji puts his hand on my shoulder. He doesn't say anything as my face grows dark with shame. When Ryuji takes his hand away, I start to walk again, without looking back.

I plaster another smile on my face quickly. 

"Haruhi!" I call, running to catch up with the girl. I straighten the tie I was given the second week I had been going to this school. "Why didn't you eat? Aren't you going to be hungry later?"

"I'm just to nervous to eat, Char-chan," Haruhi replies simply. If only she knew...

The school was all fancied up for the school fair. Yesterday, I hadn't been there to help set up, but Kyoya had sent me pictures. It really was beautiful. I heard the Ouran Fair was one of the main events of the year. I had been excited to go since I first heard about it, which was last week. Tamaki wants me to help, and be in the parade with them. I don't know why, though. I'm not even part of the club. 

I sulk off to the side, like I usually do, waiting for something to do. I watch Kyoya walk up to a woman. She looks out of place.

"Welcome," Kyoya says, setting a tea cup down in front of her. 

"Youre one of the sons of the Ootori family, right?" The woman askes. Her voice is sly. I don't like her. "But as the third son, no matter how hard you struggle, you'll never succeed the family."

That little bastard! How dare she, mention his family at a time like this? Kyoya ignores the comment, however, and goes on to ask, "What would you like today?"

Is he... doing my job?

"How much of Haruhi Fujoka's debt remains?"

"Haruhi," Kyoya looks over at Haruhi, who was passing with a cart. "You've been requested."

I walk over and take the cart from Haruhi, smiling for her to go over. The woman's big, blue eyes glare back at us. What a bitch. 

"Kyoya? Do you know her?" I sidle up to him, pushing the cart along. 

"That is Éclair Tonnerre," Kyoya replies. "Tamaki's new fiancée."

I stop in my tracks. "Finacée? But... Haruhi likes Tamaki! No wonder she was so nervous this morning. How dare she?"

"We cannot do anything. If Tamaki is to get married, he is to get married. And the Host Club is to disband tomorrow," Kyoya tells me monotoneously, and steps forward to Takashi, Mitsukuni, Hikaru and Kaoru. "Now then, no more idle chatter. Our guests are waiting."

I bite my lip. Why today? Why does everything happen without me? And then I have to... Shit. My life sucks right about now. "Kyoya-senpai. Do excuse me. I will be but a moment." I nearly slip into English, talking so formally.