Chapter 49

***Back to Elena POV. ***

The darkness fades, like the process of night turning to day. I watch as Emileen falls limp on the ground.

I look over to see Drakia wake up. With every bit of darkness disappearing.

She begins to crawl, and then run away.

Before falling onto the floor, running into the Director.

"Ca...catherous!" She shouts,

"You are not Daria, you don't get to call me that." He says, picking up his hat.

"Don't mess with me!" She shouts, before the Director puts his hand over her head. As she screams, as purple light comes from his hand. She falls flat onto the floor, before completely blowing away like a pile of dust.

Catherous... thank you.

I take a few breaths, slowly becoming more and more aware of everything that is happening. My heart jumps as the Director walks over towards me.

"Ashton..." I recall, "Ashton!" I shout, rushing over. I run with all the strength I have left, almost tripping. My eyes watering as my heart flutters and drops several times. "Ashton!" I shout, before Jackson moves out of the way. "Ash," I pant as I sit beside him, his face deathly pale.

"He has only gotten worse..."

"No. No. No." I cry, moving his hair out of the way to look at his face. I put my ear to his chest, and I listen for his heart.

...

Nothing.

"Ashton, don't you do this." My tears begin to fall on his ripped shirt.

...

I wait. And wait, nothing.

"Elena... he's," Jackson begins to speak,

"No! No he isn't! You can't leave me!" I shout, clinging to his body, as Jackson tried to rip me off. "He can't, he can't! No," I yell, breaking free of his grip, falling to the ground. In anger, I raise my arms, "No!" I scream as I bang down on his chest.

In that moment he gasps for air, without inhaling after

"He's alive!" Jackson shouts, as he begins compressions.

1

2

3

He counts to 30, before I breathe into his mouth.

Jackson keeps trying, but this time... I know.

His heart is weak, he is probably suffering. I'm...I'm being selfish.

"Stop..." I mutter, as Jackson continues.

I close my eyes once more. Praying.

"I...I like...love you, and will forever, so you can't leave me."

Cough Cough.

I sit up, looking at him cough, with his eyes open.

"Ashton!" I hug him,

"You idiot," Jackson adds.

"What did I miss?" Ash questions as I hug him tightly.

"You, you really are amazing," I cry.

I look up to Jackson, seeing him look in the distance.

I glance in the direction his eyes point, seeing Emileen stand in light of Dawn.