30.

unedited.

hello everyone! i hope you enjoy my new chapter and if so please make sure to vote and share! thank you:))

disclaimer: I do not own the music or the video, the collection was organised by Youtuber NS16, thank you.

***

Emiko gritted her teeth with her eyes were sharp and holding a piercing gaze. She thought she'd be fine at first, but now she's starting to doubt herself. The more she looked, the more annoyed she'd get. All she needed to do was to calm herself, but simply taking deep breaths just wasn't enough. Though on the outside she may seem fine, she's boiling hot inside. 

Her emotions confused her, what her made her so angry? Was it the fact that her 'sister' Yuki had been clinging to Zero for seven days straight after the incident or the fact that Yuki would come in between the two every chance she gets? These past days Emiko couldn't not even exchange a single sentence with Zero unless Yuki was there and it was starting to displease her to the point it irked her.

Those reasons alone already irritated her, and there was one thing she noticed that made her tip over the edge. She noticed that Zero was slowly distancing away from her, either he was too busy scolding Yuki for her clumsiness or trying to run from her.

"That look does not suit you, Alice." Kaname mumbled to her quietly, glancing at her from the corner of his eyes where she walked along with him as they lead the Night Class students to their classes.

Emiko's eyes widened slightly and she quickly away from the Zero and Yuki bickering about. She faced the front and kept her eyes down after being caught glaring. She had almost forgotten her surroundings the moment she laid eyes on the two arguing. 

"Look, Kain. I didn't know there was an old married couple." Aido joked, indicating Zero and Yuki, he snorted in laughter. However with one elbow to the stomach from his cousin, he spluttered and choked, putting on hold his laughter.

Emiko listened to each word the blonde Aristocrat said. Old married couple was what Aido referred to the bickering pair and it made her feel uneasy. Emiko looked up from the ground and peeked over to them to confirm what Aido saw them as. Over the loud screaming of young, hormonal teenage girls, all Emiko could hear was a loud ringing just as she watched her sister get pushed into the silver-haired boy who caught her. Yuki held onto both of Zero's arms for support as she tilted her head to look at him and smiled sweetly.

With a dull ache in her heart, she looked away from them and faced forward, not daring to glance at them again as she passed the pair who remained staring at each other endlessly.

***

"Blood tablets are made to support you, to control your thirst as well as restricts you from hurting anyone. These blood tablets are of old human blood that was donated in exchange for the decrease of vampire activity and they vary from different types of animal blood as well such as deer blood. They--" Emiko closed her eyes, blocking out the sound of the lecturer's voice as he read from the large textbook in his hands.

She leaned back in the polished, wooden bench and crossed her arms. Unlike most Night Class students, Emiko loved the lessons during these classes though however these past few days her mind has been on something else to fully focus her attention on the topic of blood tablets.

After a few moments of silent thinking, Emiko eventually entered a world of darkness. Finally the world of darkness was finally lit up and she saw a reflection of herself, many, many reflections of herself. It seemed like she was trapped inside a diamond and every where she looked she saw herself. Her platinum hair, her mismatched eyes, her facial features, it was all there.

"Come now, you don't need to cry." A deep voice whispered. It was the same voice she heard long ago, the same day of both Haruka and Juri Kuran's death, the same voice she heard before she blacked out.

"I'll leave you here for now, but some time when I have everything prepared, I'll come and get you. After all, you're just--" For some reason the last sentence was cut off which made her unable to understand what the man was talking about to her.

Suddenly, one of her reflections slowly cracked and the one by one they begin to break. She turned to her right and among all the broken mirrors stood a man with dark brown messy curly, hair whom carried the same mismatched eyes as her. She unconsciously lifted her hand and tried to reach for the man but before she could take another step, the ground that supported her broke and swallowed her up.

"I'll see you soon."

Emiko jolted for her sleep and her eyes flung open. She sat stiff with her body still in shock. Slowly the voice of the lecturer filled the room and she finally realised she had fell asleep and had been dreaming the whole time. She looked down at her hands to find them shaking and clasped them together in attempt to stop the nerves. No, it wasn't a dream; it was a nightmare.

The last time she had a nightmare was when she was fifteen and the only one to comfort her was Zero.

Zero..

As if one cue, the female Pureblood heard muttering voices from the side of the window. She glanced over and could make out two figures. One was sitting under a tree while the other was on the side with their hands on their hips. It was Zero and Yuki. Emiko tried her best to look away, but it was hard as she couldn't help herself. The best thing she could do now was to pull herself together.

She stood abruptly from her seat, which silenced the lecturer and placed him in the position of fear. As her classmates turned to look at her which question marks written over their face, Emiko excused herself and headed out of the room. Unknown to her, Kaname silently watched her back disappear through the doorway.

Yes, the best thing now was to pull herself together. Zero wasn't going to be by her side forever, nor was he going to comfort her from her nightmares. She was selfish to think that.

Splashing water on her face was the first thing she did after entering the bathroom. She stood there with the tap running as water dripped off of her face, watching her reflection. She carefully stared at her eyes, taking in every aspect of them. She stared as hard as she could until a sudden crack appeared from the corner of the mirror, which made her step back. Ultimately the mirror broke into pieces just like it did in her nightmare and she fell into a corner of the bathroom and held her head.

"Ze--" She stopped herself before she could finish.

Zero wasn't going to come.

He's too far away.