Bonus Chapter Pt. 2

Hades's POV:

"Mom, I'm 16. I'm not a baby anymore!" I groaned, complaining as my mother started tearing up about the fact that I would find my mate today.

Mom let out a few more sniffles, croaking out, "No matter how much time passes, you'll always be my little boy, Hades. Don't forget that, you hear me? I'm just sadden that you're all grown up now. You've grown so handsome now, even the girls in your high school want a piece of you. You even have a deeper voice, and now have a lean build. You'll become alpha in two years, it's just so sudden. I just don't want to let my baby go..."

I gave up, my shoulders slouching as a sheepish smile graced me. Pulling my mother's small body into my arms, I hugged her.

She wrapped her small arms around me, saying how tall I've gotten.

Truth be told, my eldest sisters married off with other alphas. Zeus and Poseidon had no interest in becoming alpha, since they too, would be destined to find a future Luna of another pack.

We stood there for awhile, before breaking apart. I placed my hands on her shoulders, sighing out, "Thank you for everything, mom. For what you've sacrificed, and for all the hardships you went through to raise me. I love you, mom."

She teared up, wiping it away, "I love you too, Hades."

We smiled at each other, up until a loud cough interrupted our moment. Tearing our gazes away from one another, our eyes landed on the person by the door.

It was none other than my father, Kronos Reinherdt.

He gave us a cheeky smile, "There you are my boy. I was wondering why you were taking so long. Not letting go yet, Rhea?"

Mom grinned, walking over to her mate before placing a small kiss on his lips. It made me feel like I was ruining the moment between the two. They looked so in love with one another, even though Mom was 39 while Dad was 38. Close to their 40's but seriously, they still acted like young teenagers in love.

It made me wonder if me and my mate would be like them.

My wolf, Cerberus, purred at the thought of her. He was getting more active lately, more worked up. Always constantly reminding me that he could feel her somewhere, and very close, might I add.

Inhaling a deep breath, I paced myself to my parents, asking, "Is Persephone here yet?"

Dad nodded, "Yes, she is. Her flight landed hours ago, she should be outside playing with Zeus and Poseidon."

Persephone was my childhood friend, only a year older than me. She has been studying abroad since she was 13, and now, she was coming back. She should be 17 by now, and it made me wonder if she found her mate yet.

For some reason, I let out a small growl at the thought of her having a mate. Strange...

Mom patted me on the back, motioning me to come down the stairs.

As I trotted downstairs, I was greeted by cheering pack members. My friends hollering at me, giving me a bro hug. Fist pumps, you name it.

They were all excited to meet their future Luna.

However, I was more excited to go outside and see, Persephone again. For another strange reason, Cerberus started pacing around more agitated; eager. We were confused, but decided that we wanted to see how she was again.

Our best friend.

Reaching the front door, I wrenched it open; revealing a scent that I automatically became addicted to. Cerberus howled in my head, chanting, 'Mate, MATE, MATE!'

I ran, my wolf's eyes peeking into my own. Searching for it, desperately. Coming closer and closer, until a three figures came into the distance.

They were by a tree, it was my younger siblings; Zeus and Poseidon. The other figure beside them stilled, her hair blowing in the wind softly before turning around.

My eyes met with green, before I roared out, "MINE!"

I stood in front of the she-wolf in an instant, recognizing her.

"Persephone...?" I whispered, eyes stunned.

She choked on her words, "Hades? Y-You're my mate? What the fu-!"

I slammed my lips on hers, cutting off her sentence. I saved myself for this long, for my mate. My mate that was actually my best friend. I knew that she had saved herself for me too, just by the innocent smell that rolled off her.

She moaned lowly, wrapping her hands around my neck.

We kissed for god knows how long, but I felt a pull on my shirt, causing me to break the kiss. Zeus and Poseidon were staring at us, eyes wide.

"Hades, is Persephone your mate? She's so beautiful right?! I have a another sister now!" Zeus commented, throwing his hands in the air.

Poseidon was biting his lip, eyes innocent, "Why are you eating her, brother? You shouldn't eat Persephone!"

Persephone and I chuckled, our lips slightly bruised from the intensity. By then, the whole pack started gathering around us, trying to understand what was happening.

Mom and Dad were smiling at us with knowing looks. Even Persephone parents, Coco and Azrael. Coco had tears pricking the corner of her eyes, while Azrael gave me a look that he has accepted me as his son-in-law.

Persephone grew shy, nuzzling her face into my shirt. I smirked, before growing serious. Clearing my throat, I bellow out, "I've found my mate! It's Persephone!"

The pack cheered, congratulating us.

Persephone soon lifted her head so her eyes could meet mine. As the cheers tuned out, we shared one last kiss.

It turns out, my mate was closer than I thought. So close, yet so far. Who would have thought she was my mate all along?

We chuckled into the kiss, pressing our foreheads into one another.

She smiled, before I whispered sweetly, "Welcome back, Persephone. I missed you."