Epilogue - Edited Once

After six years of struggling and hard work, I was waiting for my name to be called to receive my medical diploma. I was a doctor at last. My family, the boys, and their girls were here with me. Jaxon was here. "And now, please welcome to the stage Ariel Lee O'Connor to receive her magnificent diploma. Come on up," the dean of students called, and I smiled as I heard cheers from everyone.

I got on stage and shook hands with the headmaster, director, and my lecturers. "That's our baby sister," Davin, Hunter, and Adrian shouted, and everyone laughed. "Adrian, I'm older than you, you brat," I commented, which earned more chuckles from the crowd.

"Well done, Ariel," the headmaster said, and I smiled at him.

"Thank you so much, sir," I replied. As I was about to get off the stage, I heard Owen talk through the mic from his seat.

"Ariel... This is for you," he said, and I froze in my place, wondering what was happening until he began singing. Love Me Now by John Legend. He stood up and started singing, and when he finished the song, I was smiling like a goof. This was amazing. Even though not everyone could sign, they still sang for me.

Jaxon hugged me and then looked at me with love, need, and warmth. And the next thing blew my mind. He kneeled down on one knee and grabbed a small box.

I gasped and put my hands on my mouth, tears threatening to fall. I looked at my family; they were cheering along with everybody else. "You are the best thing that has happened to me. You were the light in my dim life. You are my moon in the dark and my laugh when I'm sad. Ariel, I'm glad I met you uniquely because that proves you are unique and someone out of this globe. I love you. I already asked for permission from your family, especially your brothers, so... Ariel Lee O'Connor, will you do me the honors and marry me?" he popped the question after his heartwarming speech, opened the box, and waited for my reply.

I looked again at the crowd and saw them eagerly waiting for my reply. I smiled the brightest smile you could imagine and nodded. "Yes," I answered, and Jaxon put the ring on my finger. He then pulled me in a hug and spun me around laughing.

"Yes!" Everyone cheered, and the students threw their caps in the air since I was the last to receive my diploma. Jaxon put me on the ground and hugged me once again.

"I love you, my soon-to-be wife," he whispered quietly, sending shivers down my spine.

"I love you too, my soon-to-be husband," I replied, then kissed his lips.

I love my life.

I love the fact that I was kidnapped.

I know I'm not normal. I'm like Jaxon said... unique.

•••••••√√√••••••√√√••••••√√√••••••√√√•••••••

Yay he proposed XD

Did you like it? 

I hope you had fun with this humble story of mine ♕