Chapter 15

ABAGAIL paced nervously back and forth in the principals office as they waited for Daniel to join them. She couldn’t convince the staff members it wasn’t her who hurt Daniel. The idiots should listen to her and chastise the real perps. But maybe her wording and reputation ruined any chance of getting out of this without Daniel's help.

Abagil stumbled in horror at remembering what she had walked in on. Those low life werewolves had her mate pressed against a locker and were punching him, his handsome face already bruising, his pink, plump lips bleeding as he looked at peace. She could feel her wolf bubbling with rage at the surface again - her once control was dwindling like it had last year.

She nearly killed Cameron and whoever his dark skinned friend was - she would have killed them had she not smelt Daniels sadness. It had hit her like a car on the high way, fast and painful - hitting other cars again and again. Destroying lives.

His sadness was almost overwhelming but what made her really stop was his yearning for her. He had wanted her to come to him in that moment - somehow, subconsciously, her and her wolf knew that, that is why she was walking back into the school. She didn’t really know if she was going to tell Daniel about her parents, or herself.

Daniel. He had requested she call him “Danny”. Of course Abagail had wanted him to call her “Abby” but never said it aloud. Abby was her nickname for only those closest to her - who she cared about. And that started with Caden and ended with her Aunt - with the exception of her two young cousins. But she wouldn’t mind if Daniel called her Abby. She desperate wanted him to.

When she got out of here and got her hands on Cameron and his friend - she would probably do something so horrendous that she would not only get kicked out of school, but her own pack.

The door to the principles office opened, causing Abagails pacing to cease and the glares the few teachers in the room becoming pity at the sight of Daniel. Abagail didn’t know what came first, her never ending rage or the over feeling of helplessness when it came to seeing her mate walk through the door.

His split lip was only some of the damage to his unique face, the bruise was swollen slightly and his glasses sat on it uncomfortably. His exposed arms revealed red finger prints - obviously he had been held down while the rest of him was being brutally beaten.

How could werewolves from her pack do this? And to a human no less. Obviously they hadn’t counted on getting away with it - but they had another thing coming. She was angry at herself for not knowing.

“Look what you’ve done Abby, look ar his face, how dare you lie to get yourself out of - ” the principal ranted, sitting down in his chair. Abagail whirled, tears threatening to spill as she glared desperately at them.

“You think I did that?” No one replied as the schools nurse helped Daniel to take a seat. Overwhelmed, Abagail took a seat on the chair beside him - wanting to reach out and use her werewolf healing powers. But the nurse glared at her - also thinking she had done it. “If I did it my knuckles would be messed up - and it was a two man job. I saw - ”

“Enough Abagail.” The principle barked, rubbing his temples with his index fingers. “Considering your record you are very likely to do this - ”

“It wasn’t her.” Daniel squeaked, seeing Abagails disgruntled look. Snapping her head in Daniels direction she looked him over, making sure everything was fine. But it wasn’t. “She saved me from - from -”

“From who? If it wasn’t Abagail then who was it?” The principle seemed to taunt, hoping to catch him in a lie.

“Danny you can tell them.” She smiled encouragingly, reaching out to hold his hand - like what she did in English.

And for the first time since he met her - he felt weird tingles.

It made his heart race and he stared into those eyes he had once never even thought of looking into and took a slow breath. He would do it for this new friendship that he had formed with a rebel girl who needed his help right now. She had sae

“It was Cameron and Jack.” And for the first time in his life - he told someone he was a victim of bullying.