Chapter 13

"Well tonight as a wonderful night wasn't it mother." Rebekah says.
"Yes it was apart from your brother misbehaving." Esther says while looking at Kol for trying to kill Matt Donovan.
"Finn can I talk to you for a second outside." Esther says. Finn follows her commands. By outside they go to a different location.
"Why does mother want to talk to Finn?" Rebekah says.
"To complete the link." I say.
"What link?" Elijah asks.
This was a great time to put sage so Finn or Esther couldn't here.
"She put a drop of Elenas blood in your wine glasses so that when you drank it you'll all be linked." I explain.

Klaus puts drink down. "Lies. You're lying." Klaus says.
"Well why did Esther want Elena to come. She even begged Elena to come." I say.
"You know what I think." Klaus says.
"What do you think Klaus?" I say while crossing my arms.
"I think you're still angry about me standing there watching someone kill you. That you came up with this charade." Klaus says.
"Ok Klaus believe what you want believe. But when you're blood turns cold and you can't say your last words jut know I won't help you. I'll watch you die." I say.

Klaus begins to laugh. He just pisses me off. I feel like squeezing his head sometimes. "Samantha are you telling the truth?" Rebekah asks.
"Yes why would I be lying." I say.
"Because it could be a way for you to get back at Klaus for what he did." She says. Great even Rebekah doesn't believe me. Well I hope Elijah does believe me.
"Rebekah has a point." Elijah says while putting a fork down.
"Great even you don't believe me." I turn to Elijah.
"I guess this is what i get for trying to help you all." I say and walk out.

Since they all want to be stubborn. I might as well leave, but they'll be sorry for their own asses. When Esther stabs the white oak into Finn. Since the link is probably completed. They will die soon all of them. I tried to save them. I tried to warn them but they were stubborn. I hop into my car and take the next exit out of this town. I'm not going to stay here when they all die. It would be weird. When they do die, I don't think I'll have the power to bring them back.

Maybe I'll go Los Angeles. I'll cloak myself. They won't find me. Knowing them they'll probably find out Esther's plan and will need me but this time will be different because I won't be coming running back. That's what I always do and I'm sick of it. If this is how they're going to treat me then I'll do the same. Treat others how you want to be treated. The Mikaelsons are not capable of doing that. Driving to L. A would give them minutes to find me. I'll go on a plane and compel myself a new car there.

Elijah's P.O.V

The night at the ball something wasn't right. Elena had lied to me which leads me to thinking what is she hiding. She had never lied to me before. I need to find out. Every minute my suspicion maybe what Samantha was telling us maybe true. Yet like a fool i didn't agree with her. I get into the car and drove to the Gilbert's home. Elena has a lot of explaining to do. I knock on the door.
"Elena." I say.
"Elijah." She says in surprise.
"What are you doing here?" She says.
"I'm sorry to intrude but I was hoping you might accompany me. I want to show you something."I say.
"Ok sure let me just grab my coat." She says.

I stand at the door, waiting for her so I can finally find out the answer to my question. She finally finished and we drive out to the woods where I used to live as a boy. "Forgot how much I miss this land." I say.
"I can't even imagine how this must of looked like a thousand years ago." She says.
"You know your school was built over an Indian village. Where I saw my first werewolf, the town square was where the natives used to gather to worship matter a fact near that there was a field, where wild horses used to graze." I say.

"That's incredible." Elena says.
"Come." I say and we begin to walk to the other part of the woods. This part brings so much memories.
"Do you know this place to?" She says.
"Yes I do. You know this is the cavern I used to play in as a boy. It connects to a system of tunnels that stretched across the entire area. That was natures way of providing us shelter against the savagery of the full moon. My mother said hell must be a balanced." I say while standing up.

"Elijah.. I should probably go home." She says.
"I admire you Elena you remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us.Slight nature to be deceitful but yeah when I asked you about the meeting that you had with my mother the other night, you.. you lied to my face." I say.
"It's not true, I told you that all your mother wanted was a fresh new start." She says.
"I can hear your heart beats. It jumps when you're being dishonest. If you are lying in the ball you are lying to me now. Tell me the truth." I said.
"I never wanted this to happen."She says.
"What Elena?"I question.
"We were told that whatever was in that coffin was going to kill Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother.. I didn't know what to think." She says.
"Since her return she said she only wants our family whole again."  I said.
"When she asked to see me I.. I thought maybe she could help. That she could  find a way to kill Klaus but it's not just Klaus she wants to kill." She says.

"She wants to kill us all doesn't she? She wants to undo the evil she created. Samantha was right yet I underestimated her." I say.
"I'm so sorry Elijah. I wish there was something I could do to help."She says.
"You know one thing I've learnt on my time in this earth is be careful what you wish for." I say.