CHAPTER 31

Pierce was so close to canceling the party tonight. He was so uninterested in it that he didn't see the point of having it. Without Cordelia there, it would be utterly painful. It's been utterly painful for him since she left. His almost mended heart was shattered again and his walls were already back up. That's what I get for loving, he thought to himself.

Monday went by without him even knowing, even though it felt like eternity. Time always felt slow since she was gone. He hadn't eaten, hadn't slept, and hadn't done anything except use the bathroom since Friday. He even had a full beard.

"Pierce. Come on. You have to shower and get ready. It's already almost five." Genevieve cooed as she entered his room. She could smell the B.O. from three miles away. "Fine." He said in a monotone voice and walked into his bathroom and turn the water on. "I don't know why I have to be there. There's no point." He mumbled as he hopped in, quickly washed and hopped back out to dry off and shave.

He walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his hips and already saw a suit sitting there on his bed. He sighed. He didn't want to get dressed for this but had to. So he got dressed and walked out of the house only to bump into someone. "I'm sorry." He said quietly and looked down at the person he bumped into.

His heart thudded ten times faster and louder and he felt like he could pass out. "Cordelia?" He asked as he looked down at the red haired beauty with a red dress on. "That is my name." She smiled. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into him. "I'm so sorry. I'm so so so so so so sorry." He mumbled as he hid his face in her neck. Cordelia giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said what I did." She told him.

They stayed like this for a few moments before he pulled back and shook his head no. "Don't be sorry. It's my fault. I pushed you away. I know I said I'd change but I haven't. I know. I'm a horrible guy and.." He was cut off by Cordelia's lips being planted on his. "Shut up." She whispered against his lips after pulling back slightly. "Yes you're a hard head and hard to handle. But I shouldn't have left. I'm still upset with you but being upset wasn't the right way to go."

He let go of her. "I'm so sorry though." He told her. "Last chance, Mr. Eldred. I swear. Ruin this chance then we have no other choice but one of us reject the other and never see each other again." She warned. Pierce nodded. "Agreed."

They both sat down at the table and Pierce gave a quick speech about the Moon Goddess and everyone started to gobble down whatever food was in front of them. Most of it was food from part of the garden they had such as corn, potatoes, carrots, and green beans. And then some deer meat.

After everyone finished eating, music started playing and everyone danced. Except for Pierce who looked like an awkward baby deer trying to walk for the first time. Cordelia thought that was the most hilarious thing in the world. Pierce huffed and tried again but just kept making himself look more and more like a baby deer.

A slow song had come on and Pierce knew he was at least somewhat good at slow dancing. "Will you dance with me, Ms. Hale?" Pierce asked Cordelia as he extended his hand out to her. She nodded and smiled, grabbing his hand. "Of course. I'd be glad to, Mr. Eldred." She told him and he pulled her onto the dance floor, under the string of lights.

He lifted her up onto his feet like a father would with his daughter. She giggled and set her head on his shoulder as he swayed them back and forth to the music.

Pierce never felt so at peace in a very long time and Cordelia didn't feel aggravated by him in any way. "Tonight has been a good night." Cordelia whispered. "It has." Pierce responded.

"It has."

The end