Chapter 4 - Could it be Pepper?

Malibu, 6 weeks ago

"When are we consolidating?" Pepper asked, looking through her dresser drawer. Her tone was clearly one of frustration. "Tony," she looked at him, her face tense, "I'm tired of living on both coasts and having things in two places. It's getting too hard." She closed the drawer and walked to the bed to sit down.

"I didn't realize it was bothering you so much," Tony said, inching closer to her from his side of the bed.

"Pepper?"

"Tony... I'm serious. It's wearing me out," she said.

"Okay," he whispered. "Tell me what you want."

Pepper looked over her shoulder at Tony. "I'm not kidding," she pleaded.

"Neither am I," he said firmly. "Tell me what you want."

Pepper was quiet.

"California or New York?" he asked.

"I don't think it's that easy," she said, turning to him. Her face looked tired with worry.

"I'll make it that easy," Tony said. "I'll do what you want me to do."

"I don't want to make the decision alone, Tony," she said, running her fingers over his arm.

"Well," he smiled and inched closer, "why don't we not think about it for a little while?" He leaned down to kiss her shoulder, then looked up at her with a devilish grin.

Stark Tower, 3 weeks ago

"You look beautiful," Tony said, taking his tuxedo bowtie off from four feet away.

"Thanks, but Tony, why are you taking that off? - We have to leave... like, now. Happy is waiting."

Tony took his tuxedo jacket off and tossed it on a chair, walking towards Pepper.

"Anthony..."

He raised an eyebrow and walked behind her, unzipping the top of her gown.

"Oh my God," she said. "The team is waiting in the limo."

"Let 'em wait," he said, letting her gown drop to the floor.

Pepper let out a laugh. "Tony, you are really... you are really a pain in my behind, you know that?" She looked at his puppy dog face. "Oh, okay fine, but this needs to be quick."

"A quickie?" Sam asked, interrupting Tony's story. "You had a quickie upstairs while we were all piled into that limo?"

Tony just grinned, looking out the window.

"Tony, I really don't think Pepper would appreciate this..." Steve said, tilting his head sideways and staring Tony down.

"It's just getting good though," Clint said.

"No, it would be good if it was them in the limo instead of us," Sam smiled.

"Oh yeah, you're right," Clint said. "That would have been better."

Steve cringed. "I don't want to hear about that either," he said with a little laugh. "I want to be able to look Pepper in the eye after today."

"Fine. You go." Tony crossed his arms, looking at Steve.

"What?" Steve said, his eyebrows flying up.

"Oh, Steve's not going to give up those goods," Bucky laughed. "You must be crazy."

"Okay, you go then," Tony looked at Bucky.