Chapter 9 - What do you all think you're doing?

|   Warning: Mild Language   |

Thanksgiving Day

"Your girl's nice but she has terrible taste in guys," Bucky said, grinning at Sam.

"Dude, you're a jackass," Sam said to him.

"What? She's nice! I like her!" Bucky argued.

"I like her, too," Steve said, leaning back into the couch. "Ali's a smart girl."

"This is great and all but has anyone heard anything more about... the news?" Tony said, impatiently.

At their lack of response, he said "Okay, so...no then?" He sat down next to Steve and popped a piece of cheese in his mouth. "This is giving me heartburn." He looked across the room where the ladies were sitting and talking.

Steve watched them, knowing (Y/N) had already told the ladies the news. They had decided to have a little fun with the guys. Now it seemed that the guys were all looking that direction, too. Pepper went behind the bar and started making a drink.

Tony's eyebrows shot up. "Well, it looks like I'm out," he said. Pepper started pouring drinks and handing them to the ladies. "Shit," Tony said. "Wait, what? They're all drinking," he said, looking back to Steve and Bucky. Tony shot up out of his seat and started walking over. Bucky was right behind so Steve followed and then Sam decided he couldn't miss the show.

"You guys want a drink too?" Pepper asked when she saw them walking that way.

"NO!" Tony was incredulous. "And what do you all think you're doing?"

There was only the sound of blinking.

Ali looked around, trying to gauge all these guys she'd just met for the first time twenty minutes ago. At least she felt like she knew what the deal was with the girls since they'd let her in on the joke.

"Tony, lower your voice," Pepper said. "What exactly do you mean?"

"I mean alcohol is bad for babies, even a playboy like me knows that," he said, looking at all of them.

"Oh, well, that's true," Pepper said, pushing her glass away. "Sorry, I'll just stop at one." Tony started breathing hard and took a step backwards.

"That's a good point," Natasha said, handing Pepper her glass to set on the bar.

"OhmyGod," Bucky whispered.

Ali stood up off her barstool and set her glass down on the bar. "Sorry, I didn't think about that."

Sam's eyes went wide as he gripped Steve's sleeve. Steve couldn't help it, he started to laugh so hard, he turned color. "Sam???" he howled. "Ahhh, I can't take it!"

The ladies all started to laugh now too. Steve was in tears, "Sam, you should see your face!"

"Ohhhhhhhh, ohhh, you got me," he said sarcastically. "Wait, I'm sorry but I have to ask, who is pregnant anyway? Pepper or Nat?" he pointed at the two of them. Bucky looked pale and Steve wasn't sure Tony was breathing.

Nat looked at Pepper. They both looked at the guys. Bucky and Tony looked slightly sick.

(Y/N) got up from her bar stool and swigged the rest of her drink back. "You're looking at her, boys."

"Young lady," Tony said, walking towards her. "Why are you drinking?"

"It's non-alcoholic, Tony," Pepper said.

(Y/N) laughed and Tony reached out to hug her, patting her back. A slow smile started on his face. "You got me, you definitely got me."

Bucky snapped to from his haze of worry. "Steve!" He rushed to Steve and hugged him. "Congratulations, you old punk!" His face beamed for his old pal. He then went to (Y/N) to give her a hug, lifting her off her feet a little. There was lots of laughter and cheering, the room was full of excitement.

During dinner, the mood continued to be light. (Y/N) reached over to hold Steve's hand under the table. He looked down at her with a grin, leaning his head towards her. She rested herself on Steve's arm, playing with his wedding ring under the table. Once in awhile, she would look up at him and just watch him, she was in her own little world. Steve would see her and look down at her, his eyes crinkled with smiles. Steve was also in his own little world to a certain point and it suddenly hit him... he leaned over to whisper to her tenderly, "Our first holiday as a family of three."

Thanks for the reads and votes. The story just hit 1K October 2017!