Chapter 14

Today is the much-anticipated showdown, the boys gearing up for a football match against the rivals, Sky High. It's like the Super Bowl of our neighbourhood, minus the halftime show. I've been hanging out with the girls, who are excellent company, but I find myself missing Matt's questionable dance moves and the infamous Noah. And, of course, there's the elusive Blake, the heartthrob of the neighbourhood. Even though he's the star of the show, he manages to drop by and check on me.

In a world where chaos often takes the spotlight, Blake emerges as my personal beacon of light. His care becomes a comforting blanket when the world gets chilly, and in those moments of solitude, he stands by me, a reliable anchor when my own parents might momentarily forget. With him, safety and happiness intertwine, forming a sanctuary that shields me from life's storms. Blake has the magical ability to coax a smile from my lips, even on the grimmest days, and that, above all else, is what endears him to me.

The cacophony of honking cars yanks me back to reality. The girls have arrived to whisk me away. Hastily saying my goodbyes to Marta, I hop into the car, ready for the big game.

"I am so pumped for the match," Jessie exclaimed.

"Peter Henderson is amazing. Those eyes, oh god," gushed Emma.

"And Caleb's smile is just the best," Ella chimed in, her voice filled with a dreamy tone.

"Agreed," Jessie nodded in approval.

"Are you all absolutely sure you have boyfriends?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"It doesn't mean we can't appreciate other guys," Ella replied matter-of-factly.

"Just wait until your boyfriend finds out about this," I teased.

Her eyes widened, and she shook her head in denial. I chuckled at her reaction. We arrived at the stadium shortly after and headed to the boys' changing room to wish them luck. As soon as I entered the room, I scanned for those familiar blue eyes, but they were nowhere to be found.

"Good luck, guys! Give it your all," we wished them before the couples exchanged kisses.

"Thanks, girls," they chorused.

As everyone made their way to the field, I scanned the room once more, hoping to find those familiar blue eyes. However, he was nowhere to be seen.

"If you're searching for someone, he's not here. He is talking to the coach. He'll be here soon," Noah winked and left. Just as he spoke, Blake entered the room, wearing his jersey.

"Hey there, beautiful," he greeted with a wide grin.

''Can, um, you, um, wear this?'' he asked, handing me his jersey. In our school, it's a tradition for players to bestow their jerseys upon their loved ones.

''Sure,'' I replied with the stupidest grin plastered across my face. Oh my gosh, he asked me to wear it.

I put the jersey on top of my dress, and at the same time, all the players were called to start the match.

''Good luck,'' I said, trying to keep it casual.

He took a step closer, and in the blink of an eye, our lips collided. Sparks erupted all over my body, and for a moment, the world ceased to exist. He broke the kiss, leaving me in a daze, and pulled me into a tight hug.

''That's how you wish good luck. See you, cupcake,'' he said, leaving with a cheeky wink. What just happened?! My brain struggled to catch up with the whirlwind of emotions as he sauntered away, leaving me standing there, dumbfounded and probably blushing like a tomato.

Grinning like an idiot, I made my way to the bleachers, oblivious to the weird looks people were throwing my way.

''Omg, something happened between you two after we left, right?'' the girls screamed in unison, instantly drawing attention.

''Shut up, girls, nothing happened,'' I hushed them, feeling my cheeks heat up.

''Oh, someone is shy,'' Jessie teased, winking at the twins.

I buried my face in my hands. At this rate, they were never going to let me live this down.

''The match is about to start. Be quiet, girls,'' I pleaded, grateful for the distraction of the impending game. Thank goodness, they finally zipped their lips, at least for the moment.

The match had us all on the edge of our seats. With only two minutes left, we were in a nail-biting tie. The ball was in Blake's possession now. With a swift kick, he aimed for the net. At the same moment, an opposing team member gave him a not-so-friendly shove, and Blake tumbled to the ground. But luck was on our side, the ball soared directly into the net, and we emerged victorious.

Ecstatic cheers erupted from our team, and we sprinted towards Blake. I manoeuvred through the jubilant crowd that had gathered around him.

''Blake, are you alright?'' I asked, concern etched on my face.

''Chill, gummy bear. It's not that big,'' Matt reassured me, giving my shoulder a comforting pat.

''Yeah. Don't worry, cupcake. I'm alright. It's just a small injury.''

Relieved, I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding. Everyone congratulated the boys for their stellar performance, and we started making our way to the car. With a winning party planned for the evening, the anticipation was palpable, and everyone was eager to get ready for the celebration.

''Thanks, cupcake. You were really scared that something happened to me, weren't you?'' Blake asked, a warm smile on his face.

I simply shook my head, unable to hide the relief in my eyes, though a melancholic smile lingered on my lips. Sometimes, words weren't necessary to convey the depth of emotions.

''Hey, come here,'' he beckoned, spreading his arms wide, and I gladly embraced him.

''You are coming to the party, right? Be ready at 7.'' He planted a gentle kiss on my forehead and drove away.

No matter how hard I tried to suppress my feelings for Blake, today's scare had me rattled. I couldn't deny it any longer. Today, when he got hurt, I was scared out of my wits, worried about him. It finally hit me why I felt that way. Today, I understood that my feelings for Blake went beyond friendship. I liked him. No, I loved him.

After all, he is THE BAD BOY I LOVE.

________________________________________________

So, yaaaaayyyy at last Crystal figured out her feeling for Blake. But the question is does Blake have the same feelings for her? If he has, will he confess it to her? How will he confess it to her?

To know about that all you have to do is wait.

Please click the star below. I would be really happy.

Feel free to comment about this book.

-Love J.