Chapter 17

As of this very second I have received 45 missed calls, 65 text messages and 3 bouquets of flowers from Cassio and... I feel horrible. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this bad for something I’ve done in my life. I can’t bring myself to call him up and apologise and tell him that it’s not his fault that I am annoyed. Some might call me a wimp and well I can’t argue with them, I am a wimp, the biggest wimp in existence. I like him too much to lose him over some stupid mistake with Hamilton. Even though it was probably the best sex I’ve ever had I regret it with every passing moment. Well not the actual sex, I regret the consequences that come with it and that maybe selfish of me but...ya I can’t argue with that either.

I sat typing at my desk trying to piece together Hamilton’s presentation for his board meeting later today. I had been avoiding him all day as well. Luckily enough I haven’t had to venture into his office at all today so far but most likely I just jinxed it now. I don’t know what is going to happen actually I don’t even want to know how things are going to pan out. I just hoped I wouldn’t be out of a job or something, even though I’ve said before that he would never fire me because it would take too long to train another up but it is Hamilton and he is quite a cruel person.

I slammed my fingers down on the keyboard in frustration. I was just so stressed, everything was messed up after the weekend, I can’t even think straight. I needed a break like a nice spa weekend to clear my head. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair; that would be nice.

The flower bouquets were massive and crowded the room. They looked expensive and they consisted of all different assortments of flowers. The pollen was messing with my head a little but I still loved them. They really brightened up my dull office. My eyes scanned the little cards left with each bouquet that lay on my desk. Each said something along the lines of ‘Please answer my calls; I’m sorry for whatever I’ve done’. I could feel the guilt eating away at my heart, he didn’t even do anything wrong and he is suffering.

My phone lit up again and vibrated on the table signalling that someone was calling me. I glanced down and a picture of Cassio and I grinning at the camera graced the screen of my phone. I looked the happiest I had ever been. We were at the ice rink in the park and he was hugging me around the waist. I smiled at the image. The screen dulled again but the smile remained on my face. I decided then and there that I had no future with Hamilton and there was no point being hung up over him. Cassio was good for me; he was cute, funny and the nicest guy. He was the kind of guy most girls dreamed of as the perfect husband. I was lucky to have him. I needed to get over this whole thing with Hamilton starting now.

I printed off his presentation and marched into his office like I owned the place. I handed to him and waited for him to comment on it, about whether I needed to change it or rewrite it completely.  He glanced up at me with his smouldering eyes they pierced mine right to the soul. I shivered, I felt naked.

I glanced over to the chair we slept on; it was still a bit dishevelled. I blushed and then went even darker in colour when I looked down at his desk where we first had sex. How I thought that I could get over this eludes me.

His eyes skimmed over the report, he didn’t comment and just placed it on the desk. His eyes raked up my body paying particular attention to my hips and boobs. His eyes were rampant with lust and I twitched nervously. He pushed away from the table and rose from his chair. Two buttons were undone on his shirt and it was tucked into his suit pants. His feet were clad in Italian leather shoes and they slapped against the floor as he advanced on me. I was frozen in place, I couldn’t move. He stood before me and I glanced up at him through hooded eyes.

He snaked his capable hands around my waist and pulled me flush against his hot body. I gasped at the action and my chest rose fast against his torso. He ran his hands up and down my back, the sensation was very relaxing. My hands rose towards his shoulders as I retained eye contact with him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my lips about 2 mm away from his.