Chapter 67- Together at Last

Later that night, Harry took Draco on a boat ride instead of going to dinner. It was Draco’s idea to fill all the bad memories with good, happy ones, so they found themselves staring off into the sunset drifting atop of the Black Lake. Harry lying opposite of the boats initial structure, he had his head, as well as his legs, off the ledges, his feet swirling in the water.

“I can’t believe you couldn’t stop smiling the rest of the day! Are you trying to get everyone suspicious,” Draco said, causing Harry to bare a grin so large it hurt his face.

“I couldn’t help it! It was so sweet. And you made my mouth hurt from it,” Harry massaged his cheeks.

“Not the first time,” Draco smirked. Harry put his fingers in the bone chilling water and flicked them at Draco. 

“Hey, not nice! You do realize it’s so cold, you’re going to freeze your toes off,” Draco raised an eyebrow, playing with Harry’s hands. His head rested on Harry’s stomach and he splayed his body down the rest of the dingy. “It’s supposed to snow soon.”

“But it hasn’t. Besides, we’ve slept outside when it was snowing, and that was with just a fire, not a heating charm. I can handle it,” Harry smirked.

“So, can you feel your ankles?”

“Erm… I can’t necessarily move my legs, but I’ll be fine,” Harry threw it off like the water hadn’t affected him.

“Harry,” Draco sat up on his knees, “You’re going to get sick!” Harry bit his lip to keep from smiling. “They’ll freeze, the blood will stop flowing, and you wont be able to walk! We’ll have to amputate them!”

“It seemed like a better idea earlier,” Harry said, a trace of humor in his eyes. He tried to move his legs from the water, but he rocked the boat and ripples of the liquid disturbed the peaceful lake.

“No! No no no no no no no no! Harry you’re not flipping this boat again!” Draco put his hands on Harry’s thigh to keep him from moving. “I’ll help you.”

Draco tried lifting Harry’s leg out of the water, but he couldn’t, for the limb was too heavy for the angle he was at, so he repositioned himself better, but he didn’t however, realize how close his leg was to the ledge, and he put far too much weight on it, and the boat tipped over into the black water. They both surfaced practically shaking, their lips almost blue.

 “Lo-oo-oo-k wh-o t-t-t-t-ipped the bo-b-boat th-th-this t-t-t-t-t-time ,” Harry said through his teeth. “At least my t-toes are warm n-n-n-now.”

“Th-that’s because it’s s-o-o-so cold, so v-very c-c-cold,” Draco tried to speak but only small squeaks came out. Draco paddled his way harshly through the water to Harry, his hair clinging to his skull that reminded the Gryffindor how he used to wear it in first and second year. He looked like a lost, wet dog.

Harry met him in the water half way, and Draco placed his forehead to Harry’s, attempting to soak up any warmth he had as he closed his eyes. “W-we need to flip the-the b-boat,” Harry shivered.