Chapter 18

A/N: I AM ALIVE

Camila moved her blindfold around, unable to contain her nervousness. She grinned as her girlfriend lead her through a crowd of people.

"Okay, we're here, you ready?" Lauren whispered. Camila could hear the jazz music playing loudly and the people cheering as the piano tunes take over. Camila nodded as Lauren took off her blindfolds and soon, her vision was replaced with emerald eyes she wanted to see for the rest of her life.

And it's surreal. It really is, you know that feeling when your eyes just feel so content looking at something so ethereal and everything else just blurs? Everything else just seems irrelevant. Her heart felt it. The rush. The feeling of adoration and affection and everything that adds up to love.

Camila doesn't hand out the word 'love' often because it's a complex word. What even is love? It's affection and adoration and content and all these positive words combined. And yet it's sacrifice and pain and heartbreak and patience. It's just a feeling you can't explain. It's just a phenomenon you can't avoid.

But she was starting to understand and she was starting to feel it. It's that fuzzy feeling in your chest when that person is around. It's that madness inside your head when you think about them leaving you. It's that rum tum pum in your heart whenever she walks towards you. It's that smile plastered on your face when she tells you jokes that don't make sense. It's when you see her face and you want to spend the rest of your life with her.

And God, Lauren is love.

"Camz." Lauren giggled, snapping her finger in front of her entranced girlfriend.

"I'm sorry- you're entrancing. And- you're- I'm so lucky." Camila sighed, smiling a little as she glanced at the ground. "You're amazing you know that?"

"I know." Lauren poked her tounge out as Camila shoved her lightly. She examined the bar, a small colorful sign introduced it to her. 'Jaureguis'.

"I didn't know your parents owned a bar."

"That's because they don't. But my uncle does and he is a Jauregui." Lauren smirked, holding Camila's hand as she opened the door for her girl.

The bar was nice. A live band was now performing a song cover of Lady Gaga's Million Reasons and is actually doing a pretty great job. Camila clapped her hand along the other visitors as the lead singer reached her high note.

"Welcome!" A man, around his 30s, greeted as he walked towards the couple.

"Hey uncle!"
"Lolo!" The two Jaureguis shared a short embrace, before pulling away to offer each other smiles.

"This must be Camila, hi sweetheart."

"Hi!" Camila was taken by surprise by how friendly and touchy this man was being. He hugged Camila with every inch of energy he had left in him.

"Um- yeah, we came here for the food and because Daniel is here." Lauren explained and the man immediately formed a huge smile, which Lauren reciprocated.

Camila noticed it was more of the popular Jauregui smirk then it is a smile though. She looked hesitantly at the pair, confused on what on earth was going on.

"Just trust me babe, it'll be fun." And to be honest, it could be the worst date in the whole universe but the way Lauren carried her hand and lifted it to kiss it up, Camila just didn't care.