CHAPTER 2

"I'm bored." Cordelia groaned as she sprawled herself over Pierce's lap. "Well you wanted to lounge around, silly." He chuckled. Cordelia groaned. "Well I'm done lounging." She huffed and got up. "Hey." Pierce pouted and pulled her back onto his lap. She looked at him. "Well let's go do something." She said and tried to get back up but Pierce refused to let her go.

She huffed again. "Fine. I'll just sit here on your lap forever then. You won't be able to do anything else ever again. If you need to pee. Then pee your pants." She teased. "Fine. What do you wanna do?" He asked her. She shrugged. "I don't know. Something." She said. Pierce shackled. "That helps a lot."

Cordelia stuck her tongue out at him. "Well what do you want to do?" She asked him. He shrugged. "I actually got some stuff I need to do around the pack." He said nervously and scratched the back of his neck. Cordelia sighed through her nose. "Of course you do." She said and was finally able to slip off his lap. "Go on. Do whatever alpha stuff you need to do."

Pierce sighed. "Dels, come on. You don't have to be this way. I don't have to do it if you don't want me to." He said and tried to grab one of her hands but she pulled them away so he wouldn't grab them. "No. You go ahead. Leave your poor mate here all alone with the content elder and the happy couple. I'll just be here doing nothing."

Pierce sighed again and pulled her pack onto his lap. "No, no. I'll stay with you. It's okay." He said and tried to kiss the side of her neck but she pulled herself off of his lap again. "No. I don't want to keep you from your alpha stuff. I'll just go hang with Genevieve." She said, got up from the love seat, and walked down the hallway to Genevieve's bedroom.

Pierce shook his head, got up and followed her into Genevieve's room. He saw that Cordelia was camping out on her bed while Genevieve was sitting on the chair. Cordelia looked up at Pierce. "I thought you were going to go do your alpha stuff around the pack." Cordelia scoffed and turned on her side so she wouldn't be looking at him.

He sighed. "Well, I wanted to spend time with you." He told her. "As much as I love you guys hanging out with each other more now, you shouldn't let her get in your way of your responsibilities. Sorry, Pierce." Genevieve said. "You are the alpha."

Pierce rolled his eyes. "Can I step down from being alpha? Is that a thing?" Pierce asked as he sat down on the bed next to Cordelia. Genevieve shook her head no. "No. Not unless you have a child to become alpha. And you don't have any kids." Genevieve said.

He sighed and leaned over to kiss Cordelia on the cheek and get up. "I guess I'll see you later, Cordelia." He said and left.

Cordelia sat up and looked at Genevieve. "I have a question." Genevieve said and crossed her legs. "I know you've probably have been hearing this a whole lot this past month, but, are you and Pierce ever going to mate?" Genevieve asked.

Cordelia shrugged. She didn't want to think of it at the moment. "Most likely. But not sure yet. I don't really want to think about it right now. I just want to work on our relationship and get to know him more before actually doing it. I know it's been a month and Kaden and Michael mated three days after the celebration. But we're not them. We still need time."

Genevieve nodded. "Okay. I was just wondering. I understand." Genevieve said. "It's just.. maybe you should. I get that you guys need to work on your relationship. But mating helps. When my now deceased mate and I knew we were mates, he was a troublemaker. Always doing something to get in trouble, always chasing after other girls. But after a month, I got him to settle down. He wasn't perfect but when we mated, after a day or two he eventually stopped. Not sure if it was just our relationship. But maybe it could help yours."

Cordelia sighed. "I'll talk to Pierce about it when he's done with his stuff." She said and plopped down on the based