What You Never Expect. Part 2: For AmandaJennings1278

Part 2

For AmandaJennings1278

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five years after the part one

After the second movie (minus Hiccstrid)

You are both 21

************************

Recap: your family travels island to island in a circus, performing elaborate stunts to the masses. You perform with your night fury. You met Hiccup when you were both 16 and fell in love. He begged you to stay, but you denied and left with your family.

*************************

You flew in on your night fury. Landing in the docks, it wasn't long before the other familiar night fury landed a few feet in front of you. (D/N) immediately bowed to the night fury, who made a gurgling welcome as (D/N) bounced to him.

"(Y/ N)?" a voice asked. It was so similar but also so different. Had he really changed that much? He slipped off his helmet. Well, he had gotten more handsome.

"Hi, Hiccup," you greeted. "It's been a while."

"Six years, (N/ N). That's not "a while.""

"Five years and ten months, actually. And I know," you agreed, avoiding eye contact. "And I'm sorry. I just didn't know where else to go. I can't do this alone anymore."

"Do what alone? (N/ N), what are you-"

"Mommy, are we there yet?" The little five year old whined.

"Yes, bud. We're here."

The little boy showed himself to the small crowd of Berkians watching the show. Everyone who remembered the (L/N) Circus remembered you. And everyone easily recognized the family resemblance.

The little boy looked up at the man in front of his mom. He was thin but serious looking. The boy immediately recognized a lot of himself in the man. The little boy hid behind his mom. "Who he, mommy?"

"Why don't you introduce yourself to him, bud? I'm sure the kind man would love to know who you are, too." The young boy looked up at his mom then the staring man. The man's stare made the boy uncomfortable, but the man saw too much of himself in the boy to move his eyes elsewhere. "Bud, introduce yourself," you said sternly, trying hard not to say the boy's name.

The boy stumbled forward and stuck out his hand for the man who knelt down to his level. "Hi, I'm Hiccup. Who you?"

The man froze and glanced at the boy's mother who have a worried smile.

"Your full name, son," she pressed.

"But, mommy!"

"Hiccup," she insisted.

The boy huffed but recited, "Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the fourth. What your name, mister?"

The man smiled, shaking the boy's hand. "Hi, bud. I'm Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third. It's very nice to meet you."

The boy recognized the name and whispered, "Daddy?" He wiped his neck back to look at his mom, who nodded slowly. "Daddy!" Without warning, the boy threw himself into his father's arms. The man hugged the boy tightly, then loosened his grip as to not hurt the young lad.

The crowd gasped, murmurs echoed softly through the crowd. The chief's teenaged sweetheart had birthed his child in such a horrendous manner. But without a wife to birth him another child, was this child still to be the heir? Mixed feelings swarmed the crowd.