Chapter 6 [Affiliate]

(Make sure to pay attention, and really close attention since this is an important chapter that has foreshadows, and hints on the future)
=)

Your eyes finally opened, only to be greeted with the endless darkness of despair. "Hello...?" You called out, your voice echoing. "Anybody... there?" Silence. No one was there. "Dream? Where are you?" You asked, fear incorporating into your tone. You took a step, feeling a wave of small pain, started from head to toe. You clutched onto the side of your head lightly.

"....?"

A faint voice was lightly heard. You looked around, desperately, wanting... no... needing to find the voice.

"(Y/N)..."

You jolted awake, head hitting something hard... and cold.. "Ouch!" An unfamiliar voice hissed, you too, groaning as pain covered your forehead. You rubbed the sore injury, thinking that it might leave a bruise. You opened your eyes, vision slowly adjusting to the bright light, that was the complete opposite of black.

As your vision started to clear, there stood a short skeleton, 2 different shaped pupils, multiple layers of clothing, and- "Um... are you done checking me out?" The skeleton asked, soon following with a chuckle. Realizing what you were doing, you blushed slightly. "N-No." you mutter. "I'm just joking." He replied, then getting your attention.

"Anyways, your the chosen one? Dream told me about you." Ink sat down, you then follow his actions. "I'm not so sure, he's been blabbering about me being the chosen one." Rolling your eyes, rambling the truth. "....Speaking of Dream... Have you seen Him?" Your eyes then widen, a wave of memories strike back, like a knife carving into your heart, leaving it to bleed.

Without noticing, tears start to form as they flow swiftly down your dusted red cheeks. Fear struck the skeletons face as his pupils changed shape of a teal blue rain drop, along with a dark blue square. "....wait...no..." he then closed his eyes, gritting his teeth, muttering some words that are inaudible.

You snapped your fingers, then the skeleton opened his eyes, fear still coving his eyes. As he blinked, his pupils changed to his normal ones, blue and a golden star. "Er-Um... what was happening? Also, (Y/N), what are you doing in here?" A confused expression planted on both of you, and the skeletons expression. The skeletons eyes widen.

"Oh! I'm so sorry... I forget things to easily..." he apologized. "No worries.. but... I never got your name." "Ink." He replied rather quickly. "And I hope we'll be great friends! I know that we'll be great friends! And-we can become best friends! Then—" Ink suddenly covered his mouth (Teeth?) as Ink was seeping though the spaces between his fingers, slowly dripping down to the ground. Ink then released his sickening substance of ink as you yelped and backed away from the sudden action.

"W-Woah!" You outburst, Shock interpreting your tone. "Ugh... sorry... I do that if I get excited or somethin'.." he wiped his chin with his unique designed glove. You grinned and raised a brow. "...No worries." You said as you examined the puddle of ink on the void, it seems to disgust you a bit. Ink chuckled when he read your expression, he knew that you were disgusted from the sudden action he caused by accident.

Ink then snapped his fingers as the ink flowed behind him, then disappearing. "Wha... what just happened?" You asked with unsure proportion. Ink grinned wider. "Just a little trick on which I use when I or someone makes a mess...heheh.." He stated causally. You were yet still confused, is this skeleton normal..? "Well... I have a question.." you said out of the blue, Ink blinked as they changed into A question mark, and an upside down one. "Yes?"

"Since Dream told you information on what I am," you paused as Ink stiffened. "What exactly... am I..?" Your expression reflected your sturdiness of seriousness as Ink seemed to back off a bit.

He raised his hands in surrender. "Don't take it personally, pal! I-It may seems so, but it really isn't that important than you think.. haha.." he nervously laughed as you noticed a bead of sweat trickle down his skull. "It is important to me. Think about it, I don't even know what I am. I was created by Dream's and Nightmare's creator? I... I don't get it."

You even questioned your self, as you sighed in disarray. "And...I think her name was Nim! Dream told me..." Your voice trailed off, soon feeling sadness of pain weigh against you.
(Nim is not my OC, she is the guardian of the tree of feelings, on whom created Nightmare and Dream)

Ink looked down at the ground, as if hesitant to tell you the truth. "(Y/N)..." He began, as you looked up at him, ignoring the pain weigh down at you. "You were created my Dream's and Nightmare's mother, Nim, just like you said."He trailed off a bit. "Wait." he came closer, enough to make you feel uncomfortable that he was invading too much of your personal Space.

"You met... Nightmare?" He asked, blinking as a yellow arrow, and orange square appeared in both of his sockets separate. You hesitated a bit, yet nodded. He blinked once more as his pupils changed to a dark blue square, along with a red upside down arrow. He suddenly gripped onto your shoulders, tightly as the pain flowed throughout your body. "Are you okay?! Did he hurt you?! Why was he there?! Did he do anything perver—" "WOAH!" You pushed him back, eyes wide from the word he was going to speak.

Ink thought back on what he was going to say, then soon started to laugh. "I-I'm sorry, just me over reacting at times, pfft." He silently shamed himself as you nodded understanding. "Anyways.. back to where you were saying, could you please explain my backstory, please?" you asked.

Ink took a second, then nodded.

"Well, when the guardian of the tree of feelings, she was always on guard, feeling negativity, positivity too! Though, years later, a... human came by... and attempted to steal a golden apple that was cable of positive feelings. Having Lady Nim on guard, they fought, and fought..." he paused. "But... she failed. Lady Nim got hurt and was weak enough to perish from the world, before that, the human was weak as well, and said that he wanted something instead.

A little girl of his own.

He said that he wanted a child so he can finally get company, regarding that he can't be any ladies...heh..

So... Lady Nim granted his little wish, and created... well.. you... Let me tell you somethin' You're a bit older than Nightmare, after your birth from the spell, you were claimed as his, soon be left to be taken care of the human, leaving him satisfied. Lady Nim... with all her strength, she created two guardians for the tree once she will perish.

Nightmare and Dream.

Don't take it the wrong way! You may be born a little before the brothers, but you're not their sister... more like... ah.. what do you call it.

Partner in crime.

Yes, partner in crime! Kinda like an affiliate that works side to side, so don't worry that you're part of the labeling of the guardian of feelings.

Heheh... do you know what your role in reality?

Just another guardian of the alternative universes!

It'll be great to make become your affiliate!

...

...

...

Even when you're just a chaotic neutral...

Just like me..

...

Isn't that why you have split personalities..?"

|- Chaotic Neutral -|
Can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.