Chapter 9

Thank you AmazingAmazon90 for voting on my book. I really appreciate it💕

AND OVER 400 READS?! WHAT?! HOW'S THAT POSSIBLE?! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING MY BOOK!
**
As I drive to school, my mind starts to wander to what happened yesterday. I was attacked by one of my father's men, in attempt to get me. Then little do I know Damon was watching the whole time, leaving quickly after when we talked.

I always knew Damon was mysterious in his own way. Never talking in class, glaring at everyone in his vision. Damon is just the guy you don't mess with. But it's like whatever happened yesterday,but makes me really curious. I want to figure him out. I want to find out his true secret. If I wasn't intrigued before, I am now. What is Damon hiding?

Who is Damon?

We had a great plan last night. My family and the Robinsons were just going to pack a bag of clothes and move to Alaska. Just get up and go.

Sounds good right? Well, it wasn't.

My mom informed the police station that we were going to move again, but they wouldn't allow us!

Well... we were allowed to, but here's the catch. Under my mother's name, she has, well we, have a record of not paying our rent for the houses we've rented because with the constant moving, she didn't have the time to pay. The police said that if we do it again, it will turn into a big problem. It would start a whole lot of commotion, making us pop out like a sore thumb.

As of now, we don't know if Avery's family is moving or not. When we told them we couldn't move just yet, they said they wanted to stay until we are all able to leave. But I don't want them to stay here, where they could be captured or not. They have been through as much as what we have been through. I want them to be safe, and if leaving will help them, then so be it.

As I walk into school, people start staring at me weirdly. I keep on walking to my locker as I now hear whispers coming from people. I roll my eyes in irritation when I hear a few girls by my locker whispering loudly about me.

I know I have a black eye, but that doesn't mean you start talking about me.  That mother fucker who attacked me left me with a black eye. And my "smart self" didn't have makeup to cover it up. So now I'm stuck here with these hoolagins who don't know how to mind their own business.

At least I look good today. Im wearing a white t-shirt crop top with some black jeans and white vans. It's not much but I feel good in them.

"Hey girl!" I hear Avery say as she walks over to me. I sense somethig off about her. She's smiling way too big and she keeps bouncing her left leg up and down.

She's nervous about something, I can tell.

"Ok tell me what's got you all nervous." Her eyes bulge out as she tries to stammer out a sentence.

"O-hh n-nothing really.." I raise my brow at her, making her sigh in defeat.

"It's just.... I'm gonna be moving tonight!" She says quickly at the end. My eyes then widen in shock, not even trying to hide my sadness about the situation. I knew that was coming. I knew that this would be better for her, but at the same time, I couldn't take the overwhelming sadness that was flowing through me.

I was gonna miss my best friend.

"That's great Avery! Where are you guys going?" I have to try and sound happy for her. Her and her family gets to safe again. They deserve it.

"Japan! I've always wanted to go there!" I send her a fake smile, but can't help the slip of my words.

"Well I'll miss you too." I try to walk away, but she comes to my view again with a frown. Without speaking, she brings me into a bone crushing. I hug her back, trying my best not to cry in the moment.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Jaz, you know that?" She says as she lets go after a while. I don't want her to feel bad about leaving my family here while her family goes off. She was just happy about going to Japan, I want her to stay happy.

I'm just sad because this will be the first time we haven't done something together. Not just as best friends, but as sisters.

"Best friends forever?" I salute, making her laugh at my silliness.
She clears her throat and pretends to be serious about this, as if we were in the military or something.

"Sister for life" She salutes back.

********
How was everybody's week so far? I know mine was hectic with school, but I had some time to plan more for this book. The end is nowhere near but remember, it only gets better from here.

Remember, you can 🌟 this chapter if you liked it!

And, I am now doing shoutouts! So if you want one, you know what to do...Like, comment, and follow! Do one of those three and you might just get a shoutout!

See ya soon my babes!

Lei-Bear