Chapter Twelve: Whole Again

"Who sent you to watch us?" Jasper questioned one of the royal guards we caught.

As soon as I got back home, the first thing I had done was go in search of him and the first place I was led to was the dungeon and I wasn't alone. Lucky for me, I found another unwanted visitor on my way in. Another royal guard had been skulking around just outside of our southern border.

I only found out about her presence because I sent my stuff ahead and transformed to run home, taking a back route. It was a good way to keep people from seeing me and I could always reason that I had gone out for a run to let my wolf out. Just a mile out, I found a camp area that was recently used.

I could smell the wolves in the air and Nina and I both grew wary. Instead of continuing on, I investigated and found similar areas around. The scents led me to believe there was three wolves and I remembered that Jasper had only talked about two. With that knowledge, I began tracking the scents until I could distinguish the older ones from the more recent.

As soon as I caught the strongest scent, I followed it until I found the final guard. She was up in a tree, watching the pack house, having found a fairly clear shot. As quietly as I could manage, I went off and transformed back to human and  climbed the same tree on the opposite side. When I got close enough to her, I grabbed her and threw us both out of the tree. Because I had been the one to do it, I was prepared and used her as a buffer. I could her the bones breaking upon impact and I dragged her onto our land far enough to call Dan and get him to come get her.

"I brought you a gift, honey." I smirked from the door of the cell Jasper was in. He'd kept his back to me, though I was sure he heard me coming..., or at least, he heard our newest prisoner coming since she was cursing and spitting at the two guards I had bringing her in. I'd given her some doses of Wolfsbane to weaken her a bit and block any mind linking. "I figured it was only fair since you brought two."

"Very nice, beautiful. Have her placed in the cell next door." He glanced over his shoulder at me, his eyes telling me how truly happy he was to see me back safe and sound. He still loomed over the royal guard that had been assigned to the cell but it was a tiny change just for me to see.

I gave him a quick nod and looked back at the guards. "You heard him. Put her in that one." I gestured to the empty cell she was to be put in. "Thanks, guys. We'll take it from here." I let them know to leave.

"Did you give her Wolfsbane?" Jasper asked through our link.

"Yep. I laced it with a few extra herbs I picked up before to further help block any mind linking." I replied.

"Smart. I did the same thing with the other two. I picked up a few things myself, back in the day." He turned so he could give me a smirk.

"So, short debriefing upstairs? We can leave them all down here to stew and come back..., tomorrow. Have Dan put guards down here to keep them dosed until tomorrow." I suggested.

"Sounds like a plan to me." He answered then he turned to the prisoner he was interrogating before I showed up. "You're in luck, buddy. I have a meeting to get to." He grinned and moved to leave the room. I moved so he could slid past me. With a cheeky little wave, I back out of the room with a smirk, allowing Jasper to slide the door closed.

I had to lead him towards the stairs while he mind linked with everyone that needed to be contacted and gave out orders. As soon as we were upstairs and the door to the dungeon was closed, Jasper pushed me up against the wall and took my mouth in a passionate kiss.

"That felt like forever." He panted when our lips broke apart for a second. "I missed you, baby." He brought our lips back together again, his hands sliding down my body, exploring me.