1- Awkward Introduction

|Word Count(including A/N)- 1196

Warnings- Mild swearing

Your fingers tapped on the countertop as you waited impatiently for Will. Will worked at the cafe a few shops down and would visit you any time he had the chance. He always brought you a beverage of some sort and you would always bring things you built to show him.

"Y/n!" you jerk your head in the direction of a voice and are met with Will running toward you, two drinks in his hands. You smile as he stops in front of you and places the drinks on the counter. He takes deep breaths before slowing to a steady breathing pattern.

He sits down in one of three other chairs. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry 'bout being late! I had a long line of customers and it was only me and Andrew!"

You gesture with your hand as he pushes one of the drinks over to you; it was labeled 'hot chocolate' in black marker. "Thanks, and don't sweat it, who wouldn't want to buy your cafe's drinks? They're amazing!"

You finally then take notice of his appearance. His blond and brown hair mix was messy as if he had run his hands through it and his bright green eyes were not as bright as they normally were. In addition to that, he had flour on his black shirt in the shape of multiple handprints.

"Thank you, Y/n. So, how has your day been?" he asks with a kind smile.

You lean back in your chair and scoff. "Boring as hell. You?"

He laughs, taking a sip of his own drink. "Same, but someone was flirting with me today."

You smile and raise your eyebrows. "Seriously? How?"

You pick up the drink and take off the lid. You blow into it and the heat hits your face, but you don't mind. You placed the lid back on and take a sip. It's still hot, but sweet and you swallow, humming contently.

"Well, this girl, maybe like around my age, maybe younger, walks up to pay, looks at me and goes 'woah' and I say 'what? Is it my shirt? There's something on my shirt isn't there?', he starts to demonstrate how he was acting when this girl was looking at him. "And she smiles and laughs before saying 'Cute and funny' and I'm so taken aback by this, that I just blurt out 'I'm not single.'"

You tilt your head back and start to laugh, while Will carries on. "And she was surprised for a second before saying 'Not surprised. Whoever you're dating is lucky.'"

You start to laugh harder and Will takes the drink from your hands and sets it down so you wouldn't spill it.

"Holy shit, Will," you say as you recover from your small laughing fit. "And you're still single."

He chuckles, placing his elbows on the table and resting his head in his hands, as he rolls his eyes. "Yeah, I know. I just wanted her to leave me alone."

You laugh again as he continues."It's really funny talking about it afterward."

"I bet," you say, bending down to grab your backpack, which was leaning against the base of the counter next to you. You hoist it onto the counter and open the middle compartment. You pull out two metal balls, each with circular eye and a horizon line around the entire ball. You set them in your lap before closing your backpack and setting back down on the floor.

You place both metal balls on the counter and Will's eyes widen in amazement. He grabs one and inspects it with wonder in his eyes.

"Woah! Y/n, you made these?!" Will asks, inspecting the one he had in his hand.

You straighten up in pride. "Yep! And I call them spheres."

You grab the remaining one and rub the top. It starts to glow a faint blue, before turning a bright neon blue. Will looks at you and then at the sphere in his hand, before copying your actions. His beings a faint green, but turns into a bright neon green.

You smile. "The blue one is Horizon and the green one is Elysian."

He looks at you confused as Horizon and Elysian begin to float. "How the hell do you pronounce that?"

You laugh at Will's choice of words as the two spheres being to ram into each other playfully.

"Ele-si-an," you state as two kids run by. One trip and falls and Will stands up quickly and you stand up as well, leaning over as far as you can to see if the boy was okay

The person running in front of the boy, a girl with short, light brown hair, brown eyes, and round glasses stops, turns on her heel before running to him.

"Lance! Seriously?!" the girl says, pulling the boy, apparently named Lance, up by his arm. Will helps her pull him up, before looking at Lance with a concerned look. Lance glares at the girl and whispers something to her, which causes her to roll her eyes.

Horizon and Elysian fly quickly to float behind you, not used to the sudden people.

"You okay?" Will asks and Lance turns towards his direction.

He nods. "Yep! And who is this?"

He turns in your direction and your stomach clenches.

"Y-Y/n." you stutter out as Will raises an eyebrow.

The girl looks at you and almost immediately turns a light pink. The boy notices this and smirks.

"What a pretty name. Am I right Pidge?" Lance nudges the girl, now named Pidge, with his elbow and her blush deepens. Will raises both eyebrows, smirks, and folds his arms over his chest.

"Are you flirting with her?" Will asks and Lance turns toward him and the two begin talking.

Horizon and Elysian slowly make their way to float a foot or two away from your head. The almost fly back behind you when Pidge exclaims happily.

"Oh my god! Those are adorable!"

You're taken aback but smile anyway. Will and Lance look at you two and smile, but you don't take notice; you're to occupied with the cute girl in front of you.

'What the hell Y/n?!"

She sits down in another chair and rests her elbows on the table and her chin in her hands.

You move your chair to sit across from her and slowly sit down.

"Could you tell me more about them?" she asks, looking at you intently.

You contemplate the idea for a second, but nod and smile at her. "Of course."

I'm so so sorry this took so long! I accidentally deleted it and had to restart and then I ran out of time on my laptop so I couldn't edit it yesterday. I edited it today though! I'm sorry if it sucked, but I hope you guys liked it! Also, the aesthetic for this chapter was made by blehbluhx and it's amazing! Anyway, see ya all later and please go check out blehbluhx 's account!