9

Leah's POV

It's been two days since Jennifer and Aaron have left London and I've heard from her twice.

She's been under Aaron's microscope ever since they left, but I guess it's for a good reason. I mean, she did sleep with me.

Anyway... I miss her already. She's right, it is harder this time. Last time it wasn't this hard because she completely ghosted me. Nothing. Not a word for a while... and now we still chat a little and I can't stop thinking about the night she spent with me. It's something I can't just push to the back of my head... I've even been distracted at work and my work is everything to me.

Sean has taken notice too, and he's worried something else might be going on. I keep telling him it's nothing, but he insisted I take a few personal days and get myself "together" again before I come back to work. Maybe that's what I'll have to do. Just take a minute to sort things out and get to where I need to be...

After taking a day to literally just think, I've decided to go home. Like... home. I need to see my parents and some of my old friends. It's been too long and I've lost touch with everything. I want to get back.

So, I've just sent an email to Sean to let him know he'll have to cover my ass for a couple of weeks while I'm gone and he happily agrees to do it for me. Now all there is left to do is pack a bag and get to the airport.

* * *

Jennifer's POV

I wake up at my friends house and get myself together and head back home. Once I get there Aaron greets me and I just look at him in disbelief.

"Jennifer..."

"You put your hands on me." I remind him and fold my arms over my chest.

"I didn't- you know I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just angry and frustrated." He tries to make excuses, but there are none worth listening to.

"I don't give a damn if you did or didn't mean to hurt me. The fucking handprint on my neck suggests that you did. And you shouldn't have pushed me, Aaron. What the hell is wrong with you?" I hiss, still very upset and hurt by his actions. I never thought he'd be the one to do something so disgusting.

"Baby, I'm just stressed out beyond belief right now and I'm sorry. I swear it'll never happen again." He says and I stay there for a minute or so and then walk to him and hug him.

"It better not." I say and he kisses my forehead multiple times and tries to lift my shirt up. "No, don't. It's fine." I say and push it back down.

Aaron knows he shouldn't have done it and I believe it when he says it won't happen again. There isn't a reason for him to look and see what he did. It's just a mark that'll fade away. Maybe I deserve it for what I did to him in London.

"I hate to tell you this, but I have to go. There's a thing in London that requires my attention." He breaks the news and I raise my brows high.

"What? Can I go?" I ask, instantly thinking of seeing Leah again.

"No, you should stay here. I'll be gone for a couple of days." Aaron says.

"But-"

"Just stay, please?" He begs, obviously not wanting to hear my complaints about not going.

"Be safe, please. I love you." I say and he kisses my lips a few times before he leaves. I watch him walk out the door and get into his car and he's gone.

I've gotten used to him popping in and out like that... he's always been that way. It's work, so I understand.

* * *